Contribute
Register

Success Ga-z77x-ud5h with GTX 670, but no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the same MultiBeast settings you had to no avail. I am seeing the Hi-Def Audio device detailed in system profiler, but system preferences still shows no devices.

I tried many different things, that one was the last one that I did and i made it to work. Try to download the Lion AppleHDA.kext and install it with Kextbeast

then do the Non_DSDTHDA audio in multibeast

Hi,

Did you enable it using the Audio Midi utility?

Got the same MB with a i7-3770K & GTX 570, but I encountered a lot of problems.

Firstly, I needed to disable my GC and enable integrated GC to access at ML Install.

Install seems ok, but ML won't boot, I always have this message : ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - Failed to locate SMC Driver

I tried a lot of things with no success, so I returned to Lion.

Got the same MB with a i7-3770K & GTX 570, but I encountered a lot of problems.

Firstly, I needed to disable my GC and enable integrated GC to access at ML Install.

Install seems ok, but ML won't boot, I always have this message : ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - Failed to locate SMC Driver

I tried a lot of things with no success, so I returned to Lion.

I'm very new to this, but I would suggest installing the Fake SMC option in multibeast. I have the same Mobo as you and needed to do this in order to boot without the flash drive bootloader. Hope this helps. Still don't have audio working.

no audio ? try this on gb-z77-udh5

use AppleHDA.kext from this section:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/50491-interim-alc898-edited-lion-applehda-kext-24.html#post343815

Mine worked with NO audio from multibeast, dont select anything. Use DSDT to F5 bios (attached) also if its F6 or F7 you have and use the attached AppleHDA kext.

Thats it ! notice that you have 2 line-outs, mine working with black and yellow, both in stereo and fine sound quality.

Its almost vanilla :)

By the way, works on both mountain Lion 10.8 AND Lion 10.7.3 - 10.7.4 - NO PROBLEM i hope.

Attachments

• Nyt arkiv.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
Following 1st post picture does not result in sound working. Have you done any other tweaks that you missed out mentioning ?

use AppleHDA.kext from this section:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/50491-interim-alc898-edited-lion-applehda-kext-24.html#post343815

Mine worked with NO audio from multibeast, dont select anything. Use DSDT to F5 bios (attached) also if its F6 or F7 you have and use the attached AppleHDA kext.

Thats it ! notice that you have 2 line-outs, mine working with black and yellow, both in stereo and fine sound quality.

Its almost vanilla :)

By the way, works on both mountain Lion 10.8 AND Lion 10.7.3 - 10.7.4 - NO PROBLEM i hope.

I installed the AppleHDA kext you provided and the audio works now. Thanks! I'm using F8 BIOS btw.

no audio ? try this on gb-z77-udh5

nice, just what i hoped for :)

how about that sleep - working ?

mine bugs in ML, only display sleeps works oob. when restarting PC, light comes to keyboard (logitech g15) and mouse + mb - but nothing further starts.. a tad anoying. I dont get KP but just, nothing more happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back