Contribute
Register

Success: GA-Z77N-Wifi ~ i5 350k ~ NVidia GT 640 ~ 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I finish step 3 and reboot, it loads to the desktop and i get this message "You need to restart you computer" and then when I reboot again the screen is a mess... Pictures are upside down for some reason, sorry.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 297
  • photo copy.jpg
    photo copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
Thank you so much for this guide!! I have a similar setup to you, i7 3770k 16GB Vengeance RAM, GA-Z77N-WIFI, MSI 660 Ti 2GB, and the H60.

Not sure why, but every time I used Multibeast 5.2.1 and and tried using the DSDT (or even without a DSDt and just checking the option on), I wouldn't be able to reach the login screen. I would remain stuck at a point between where Verbose text no longer shows, and the login screen is supposed to fade in. Real question is, do I even need a DSDT?

I've also lately had problems with my bootloader and can only boot using the unibeast USB. Looks like either a new install or try fixing it inside Mountain Lion.

Anyway, what's the advantage of iMac 12,2 definitions compared to any of the others?

Hi !
I just built a similar setup (z77n WIFI, GA-GTX-660Ti- i7 3770 and 16GB VENGEANCE RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1TB HDD).
I got to the install screen og my USB Unibeast by booting in safe mode, and got to install ML in my SSD)
The things is after i reboot, it will only log in in safe mode, and i can't find what settings do i ahve to use with Multibeast.

I m a noob at this stuff, so could you (or anyone) help me with this post installation set up?
I'd like to know what to do to get audio (Realtek AC'97), Ethernet, and make my ML install bootable without problems

Thank you very much for your help!!

EDIT: I got it, It works now for me, i thing it was for the most part some settings in the BIOS i hadn't set up right and to use the Z77N DSDT found in the DSDT Database + GraphicsEnable=No. Thanks anyway!

Anybody have issues with the onboard bluetooth not working? I have the same motherboard, using the intigrated HD4000 graphics. Everything is working great! I even have dual monitor working with primary 22in widescreen monitor being fed from DVI, and extended screen at 720p via hdmi to a 42inch samsung TV.

I understand that wifi will not work from the included embedded card on the mobo, but I thought bluetooth did... It is recognized in the hardware list under About this mac, in OSX...

Any help is appreciated.

Rich

After a little bit more reading, looks like the onboard bluetooth is not supposed to work. ... I bought a Targus bluetooth dongle, and it is pretty unreliable.. Now onto research for a replacement onboard mini PCIe card for solely bluetooth. I really do not need wifi working, as this is a desktop and I ran an ethernet cable to my router.

Rich

It's actually the 3570K. The system runs great, but I have not figured out the solution to get working bluetooth yet.

Rich

Hi !
I just built a similar setup (z77n WIFI, GA-GTX-660Ti- i7 3770 and 16GB VENGEANCE RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1TB HDD).
I got to the install screen og my USB Unibeast by booting in safe mode, and got to install ML in my SSD)
The things is after i reboot, it will only log in in safe mode, and i can't find what settings do i ahve to use with Multibeast.

I m a noob at this stuff, so could you (or anyone) help me with this post installation set up?
I'd like to know what to do to get audio (Realtek AC'97), Ethernet, and make my ML install bootable without problems

EDIT: I got it, It works now for me, i thing it was for the most part some settings in the BIOS i hadn't set up right and to use the Z77N DSDT found in the DSDT Database + GraphicsEnable=No. Thanks anyway!

Hi Salch - about to do a near identical build to you - Z77N, i5, EVGA-GTX-660Ti

Do you definitely need the DSDT for the Z77N? I'd heard you could get away without it using UEFI?

Ethernet is important to me as I am not bothering with WIFI at all as I have a LAN socket close by...

How's it all going in general - all stable? This is my first build, just ordered all the bits from amazon and am getting nervous about my hard earned cash...

Hey Jimb77
IT 's been a while now and i haven't got a single problem...
In any case, i recommend you to try without the DSDT file, it might work... it just happened that i tried at the same time the custom DSDT + some changes in the BIOS Settings and i got it to work, so i havent't tried anything else.

Just be assured to check /unckeck the right settings in the BIOS, and the GraphicsEnable=No in Multibeast.

Other than that you should be fine! you made the right choice, your money is well spent!

Hi !

Sorry I'm late! I would have told you about GraphicsEnabler=no :) Also, did you get regular audio to work? I occasionally have it working but sometimes requires a re install after some time. Which package did you choose?

Hi Salch - about to do a near identical build to you - Z77N, i5, EVGA-GTX-660Ti

Do you definitely need the DSDT for the Z77N? I'd heard you could get away without it using UEFI?

From what I have read around, it really is not necessary unless you are wish to have HDMI audio

One weird thing that the BIOS and Windows appear to have normal screen positioning (0,0) relative to the bottom left corner, but Mountain Lion seems to like to have something like (150,100) as the bottom left corner on my screen. Not a big problem as Auto Adjust fixes it after I tell it to, but just wondering if anyone had similar experience.

Anybody make progress on sleep? Screen dims, HDDs turn off, everything else is on? According to http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...wifi-hdmi-audio-dsdt-causing-sleep-break.html sleep works?

Hey Jimb77
IT 's been a while now and i haven't got a single problem...
In any case, i recommend you to try without the DSDT file, it might work... it just happened that i tried at the same time the custom DSDT + some changes in the BIOS Settings and i got it to work, so i havent't tried anything else.

Just be assured to check /unckeck the right settings in the BIOS, and the GraphicsEnable=No in Multibeast.

Other than that you should be fine! you made the right choice, your money is well spent!

Salch - all up and running 10.8.2. Not a single problem. Running like clockwork, with no messing around! Onboard bluetooth even works with no tweaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back