NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2048 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Finally after 3 weeks of agony the sound is working, no cracking no bad sound, Green jacket back working as it should, optical and input also works, but not front panel.

My configuration and what i did to get it to work:
GA-Z77-D3H
INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6MB S-1155
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
EFI version: F14

What i did:
1.Used my old i3 hackintosh to buy the mountain lion installation disk
2. Used unibeast to create a usb with the installation files
3. Installed with a normal 500 gb wd caviar green
4. Formated it as mac os extended journaled
5. Downloaded multibeast for mountain lion and installed drivers for network card. Maoljs Atheros drivers

Then for the audio the tricky part i tried a lot of the different solution for vt2021 but not non work except this one:
http://www.osx86.net/view/3041-via_vt2021-2020_applehda.html

I used Kextbeast to install the kexts.

And followed the following thread in the bottom:

I was lasy and used the DSDT he created and it works perfectly on my configuration.

"I got this working on the GA-Z77X-D3H board.
I've had to go through the advanced method.

( DSDT editor and tutorial of usage is here: http://www.olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=62 )

The simple method didn't work for me, and neither the HDEF.txt patch (at least not fully).

I was getting "DTGP" is undefined after patching the dsdt in the editor (and with this error the .aml wouldn't compile properly). After some further searches, I found the solution.

I had to add above the "Method (_WAK ...) the following function according to what's stated here on the wiki:
http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/dsdt-edits#toc1

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
{
/* 0000 */ 0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44,
/* 0008 */ 0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
}))
{
If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
}, Arg4)
Return (One)
}
If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
{
Return (One)
}
}
}
Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}, Arg4)
Return (Zero)
}

If you want to look 'for inspiration purposes' into my dsdt.aml file - you can check it out here: http://cl.ly/IlXJ

I'd suggest you to avoid copy pasting it directly though even if you have the same mainboard. It's better to go through the standard procedure as documented by the original poster."

Hello

Finally after 3 weeks of agony the sound is working, no cracking no bad sound, Green jacket back working as it should, optical and input also works, but not front panel.

My configuration and what i did to get it to work:
GA-Z77-D3H
INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6MB S-1155
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz

What i did:
1.Used my old i3 hackintosh to buy the mountain lion installation disk
2. Used unibeast to create a usb with the installation files
3. Installed with a normal 500 gb wd caviar green
4. Formated it as mac os extended journaled
5. Downloaded multibeast for mountain lion and installed drivers for network card. Maoljs Atheros drivers

Then for the audio the tricky part i tried a lot of the different solution for vt2021 but not non work except this one:
http://www.osx86.net/view/3041-via_vt2021-2020_applehda.html

I used Kextbeast to install the kexts.

And followed the following thread in the bottom:

I was lasy and used the DSDT he created and it works perfectly on my configuration.

"I got this working on the GA-Z77X-D3H board.
I've had to go through the advanced method.

( DSDT editor and tutorial of usage is here: http://www.olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=62 )

The simple method didn't work for me, and neither the HDEF.txt patch (at least not fully).

I was getting "DTGP" is undefined after patching the dsdt in the editor (and with this error the .aml wouldn't compile properly). After some further searches, I found the solution.

I had to add above the "Method (_WAK ...) the following function according to what's stated here on the wiki:
http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/dsdt-edits#toc1

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
{
/* 0000 */ 0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44,
/* 0008 */ 0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
}))
{
If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
{
Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
}, Arg4)
Return (One)
}
If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
{
Return (One)
}
}
}
Store (Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}, Arg4)
Return (Zero)
}

If you want to look 'for inspiration purposes' into my dsdt.aml file - you can check it out here: http://cl.ly/IlXJ

I'd suggest you to avoid copy pasting it directly though even if you have the same mainboard. It's better to go through the standard procedure as documented by the original poster."

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately the DSDT isn't working for me, same mobo. I have tried editing it manually but also get errors so can't compile. Can you check which bios version you are running? I am on F11

Im on F14

/Caggsoft

Im on F14

/Caggsoft

Patched to F14 and compiled managed to compile my own DSDT with the code above inserted above _WAK. Installed applehda and via2021...

The system boots up fine but there is no sound. When I go to sound in the preference panel it simply doesn't show any output device. Do you have any idea? Feel like I am so close...

What output are you using SPDIF or line?

Patched to F14 and compiled managed to compile my own DSDT with the code above inserted above _WAK. Installed applehda and via2021...

The system boots up fine but there is no sound. When I go to sound in the preference panel it simply doesn't show any output device. Do you have any idea? Feel like I am so close...

What output are you using SPDIF or line?

EDIT: I now can see it in the sound preferences, however nothing plays. I edited the HDEF section, am I missing anything else?

EDIT: I now can see it in the sound preferences, however nothing plays. I edited the HDEF section, am I missing anything else?

No im sorry That is what i Did. Hope some one Can help you

/Caggsoft

No im sorry That is what i Did. Hope some one Can help you

/Caggsoft

Thanks. I just wanna check if I am missing something.

I deleted the original APPLEHDA and installed the new APPLEHDA and VIA2021 using kext utility. I restart and so far so good, no panics.

I then copy the DSDT.aml into the /extra folder, restart and get a kernel panic.

I have the GA-Z77-D3H (not x, m or DS3H) on F14. Processor is the i3570 and I am using HD4000. The bios setting are on default expect SATA which is set to ACHI.

Something must be causing the kernel panic on boot with the DSDT, especially if we are running the same motherboard.

Thanks. I just wanna check if I am missing something.

I deleted the original APPLEHDA and installed the new APPLEHDA and VIA2021 using kext utility. I restart and so far so good, no panics.

I then copy the DSDT.aml into the /extra folder, restart and get a kernel panic.

I have the GA-Z77-D3H (not x, m or DS3H) on F14. Processor is the i3570 and I am using HD4000. The bios setting are on default expect SATA which is set to ACHI.

Something must be causing the kernel panic on boot with the DSDT, especially if we are running the same motherboard.

That. Is really strange, this is the Only solution That has Worked for me. I used multibeast to install the DSDT.aml. And im using à hd 5770 as graphicard. And used kextbeast to install the Kexts. Try if That makes à differens. God Luck :0)

I just got it to work!!! Manually patched the DSDT with the above and the HDEF, then manually patched the APPLEHDA and installed the VIA. Will post detailed instructions soon as well as the files.

The only problem is that only stereo works at the moment, digital out does not seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hey Tim_182,

please post detailed instructions. I have the same mainboard and audio problems.

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back