- Oct 10, 2019
- real mac pro early 2008
i love you. don't remember how many times i added dev id strings and didn't work. Now it works and this is amazing.This is my first ever post. Decided to contribute after hours of trial and error. Hopefully I can save someone else's time.
I managed to get my hackintosh working on my build. So I'd like to share a quick how-to.
- Follow the instructions from: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
- Skip step 5. Install Clover_v2.3k_r3320_UEFI.pkg instead.
- Get the GA-Z77-DS3H pack from
- With Kext Utility, install FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and AtherosL1cEthernet.
- I didn't bother with smbios (Should I? Let me know!) because everything seems to be running fine for me so far.
This is my card:http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=D63B013D-B6DC-4C61-AAA0-EE54EE39ACD7&lang=eng
- To get it working, first run Kext Utility. Then open Terminal and type
sudo nano /Systems/Library/Extensions/AMD8000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- Find this.
<string>0x45001002 0x46001002 0x66401002 0x66411002 0x66461002 0x66471002 0x66501002 0x66511002 0x665C1002 0x665D1002 0x67B01002 0x66401002</string>
- Add "0x066581002" among the strings. Exit, and hit Enter.
- Do the same for AMDRadeonX4000.kext
- If that still doesn't work, use Clover Configurator to add 0x66581002 to Fake ID under ATI. And Inject ATI.
- To test, play Chess. If you can make a move, then it's working.
- For some reason, my system recognises my card as "AMD Radeon HD 8xxx 2048MB". Doesn't matter. The graphics still works.
Follow this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...z77-d3h-via-vt2021-onboard-sound-working.html
- If your "About This Mac" shows 7MB Graphics, then you haven't configured the drivers yet. See the Graphics instructions above.
- If you can't boot into El Capitan without your USB installer, you'll need to install FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement kext files.
- Last but not least. DO NOT ask me for support as I am not that tech-savvy. I can, however, provide some clarification for these instructions.
Many thanks to the people who created the apps, wrote the original instructions, created the kext files, and posted on the threads that I found.
May the Force be with you.
P.S.: r7 260x in a REAL MAC PRO EARLY 2008, if this news can give hope to someone else