Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68XP-UD3 - i5 - ASUS EN210 - Blutooth, Airport

Was this guide clear, yet detailed enough?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
Intel i5 3.4GHz
Graphics
AMD6xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone!

This is a detailed walkthrough of how I got my complete setup working perfectly. I hope this can benefit others with the same or similar components. I will try to go through EVERYTHING I did but feel free to ask me anything I havent mentioned as I may have just forgotten to include it :D

My components are:
GA-Z68XP-UD3 mobo
Intel i5 3.3ghz cpu
ASUS EN210 SILENT 1gb gpu
Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adaptor
Self-made Airport card
from parts bought off ebay

Ok so first off I found a guide on this site that tells you how to make your own official Airport card so as to not need ANY modification in order to get it working. I ordered the parts from ebay, assembled them and plugged it - BOOM! Works instantly with mac :D
Although I will mention that used a LAN cable to connect to the internet for the following part where I use windows as I could be bothered even attempting to try any get it working with having to get drivers etc etc...

Next, my mobo came preinstalled with the F2 bios, but there was no DSDT for F2 on this site. I then installed win7 and downloaded the bios updater and flashed the F6 bios to my mobo--->delete windows (yucky windows)

I then followed the iBoot+Multibeast method on this site, followed by the xMove+Multibeast method to get to Lion.

A few things to mention here that arent in the above guides...

1. You must download "Update Helper" from the downloads section and run that and reboot your system BEFORE installing the 10.6.8 combo update otherwise you will encounter KPs

2. I have found that when running Multibeast, if i select the whole "System Utilities" branch I will get a KP. To avoid this, only check "System Utilities>Rebuild caches"

3. if you cannot access the App Store to download your copy of Lion because there is some error message telling you contact someone when you try to log in, you need to do this...

1. Run multibeast with the following options selected:
System utilities>Rebuild caches
Drivers & Bootloaders>Network>Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6

2. delete all network interfaces in System Preferences>Network Preferences using the "minus" button

3. delete NetworkInterfaces.plist file located in Library>Preferences>SystemConfiguration

4. REBOOT

5. go back into network preferences and add Ethernet and click Apply before you add any other interfaces e.g. Airport

6. sign into App Store

4. If you cannot get the xMove partition to boot so that you can install Lion, you need to enter "PCIRootUID=0 -x -v" at the chimera boot screen before attempting to boot the partition. Once installed, you will only need "PCIRootUID=0" - dont worry we will fix this next so that you get full graphics support

Ok so at this point I have lion working - YAY - but with a terrible resolution (1024x768) - OHH :(

Now although the Graphics Card Database states that my graphics card works OOB, it doesnt. When booting it was get to the apple logo and hang there forever. To fix this, I needed to insert an injector into my boot.plist in order to have my card recognised and working. Luckily for me I found someone with the same graphics card who had done the leg work for me and posted their boot.plist online. I got it, replaced my boot.plist with it, and restarted. Graphics now work perfectly.

I have attached a copy of my boot.plist so that someone with my graphics card can just copy it, BUT if you need to make your own there are guides on this site for making a graphics card injector string and they are quite easy to follow, infact I think there is an app that will do it for you once you select your card :D

- NOTE - this may not be the case for everyone, but when enabling my gpu my sound drivers were knocked out, but after re-installing them with multibeast all was good again.

Ok so at this point everything should be just fine and dandy.... except that my sleep function wont work with my bluetooth dongle OOB. To get around this I simply followed NotShy's guide on how to enable this.. the link is here...

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7940

If you get to here successfully, then I could imagine you'll be running around the house jumping up and down and screaming because you are sooooo excited that you now have a FULLY FUNCTIONING HACKINTOSH that works just like a store bought Mac!

If we are going to get picky, the ONLY two things Ive noticed is that my Magic Trackpad wont fully wake my computer from sleep (the screen wont turn on then it goes back to sleep) but all I have to do is just either click my mouse, or press a button on my USB keyboard. And the other thing (which doesnt really matter at all, and is probly not even related) is that every time I open Chrome, I have to sign back into Facebook and Google, even though I keep telling it to remember and log me in automatically - big deal.

So I hope this helps someone, as getting to this point consumed about a month of my life.
Feel free to ask me anything else as I MAY be able to help :D

:headbang: :thumbup: :headbang: :thumbup: :headbang:

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    1.7 KB · Views: 301
Moved to correct forum section.

User Builds -> 10.7 Guides index.php

User Builds == Confirmed User Hardware Builds and Methods

10.7 Guides == System Specific 10.7 Retail Guides using tonymacx86's 10.7 Installation Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back