Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68X-UD4 + i7-2600k + XFX6870 Dual Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed all my issues... (except the eject button on my keyboard).
Everything is working great for a few days now.
Updated all my apps/software to ML-compatible versions.

I've overwritten my LION clone backup drive with a new MOUNTAIN LION clone backup copy.

So no turning back for me now... 100% committed moving forward riding on Mountain Lion from now on. :)

I doubt this will pertain to anyone but maybe it'll help someone in the future. I was also getting the "A valid DVD drive could not be found. [-70012]" error when I started DVD Player after installing Mountain Lion. Keep in mind that DVD Player worked flawlessly in Lion. I looked around and found a YouTube video describing a similar problem and the fix was to replace AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext on Mountain Lion with the ones from Lion. This didn't work for me. Neither did the patch that the OP referred to (I have a GA-Z68XP-UD4 F6). What DID work for me was copying the DVDPlayback.framework folder from Lion and replacing the one in Mountain Lion (which is located in System/Library/Frameworks). Now if I could only figure out how to put my hackintosh to sleep... -.-

Anyways, I hope this will be of some help to someone somewhere! :)

great thread, I am going to buy an additional 1TB HDD to install ML on. I use Snow for recording, once i get Mountain Lion working 100% to my liking, I will use the Snow drive as a 2nd drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back