Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68X-UD4-B3+i7-2600K+2 x XFX 6870 (W7 only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mishpotato said:
I'm curious to learn about your dual vga card setup. Do you unplug power on one of the cards when running OSX?
I'm thinking of adding a second 5770 to my setup but would rather not have to disconnect the power cable every time.

thanks.

I leave them alone, power plugged in and crossfire bridge installed, haven't had a problem yet.

Stork said:
lrusak said:
...The only thing is I haven't been able to enable the 64bit kernel in OSX because last time I did it would not boot. I may try it again as I have a cloned backup on another hard drive.
Lion is a 64bit OS. You don't have to do anything special like you had to do with Snow Leopard.

ok, but under system profiler -> software -> 64 bit kernel enabled = No

So? I've tried changing arch=i386 to arch=x86_64 in the chameleon plist but when I do it just won't boot up. any help here?

The Boot Options are not necessary with SB and Lion. See p8 in the MultiBeast 4.10 Features (guide) under the Customization > Boot Options heading.
Boot Options
Contains pre-edited or scripts to edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist files to enable/disable special boot loader features at startup. NOTE: The pre-edited files found here do NOT contain all of the options used in the EasyBeast or UserDSDT org.chameleon.Boot.plist files. If you used EasyBeast or UserDSDT, ONLY use the scripts to add the PCI Root ID Fix or Instant Menu options.
See p3 in the MultiBeast 4.10 Features (guide) under the UserDSDT heading.
UserDSDT is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension. Installs your DSDT as DSDT.aml, 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and npci=0x2000 and darkwake=0 kernel flags, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme in /Extra. Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs Chimera v1.6.0 r1394 so the system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers or Graphics support beyond GraphicsEnabler.

Stork said:
The Boot Options are not necessary with SB and Lion. See p8 in the MultiBeast 4.10 Features (guide) under the Customization > Boot Options heading.
Boot Options
Contains pre-edited or scripts to edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist files to enable/disable special boot loader features at startup. NOTE: The pre-edited files found here do NOT contain all of the options used in the EasyBeast or UserDSDT org.chameleon.Boot.plist files. If you used EasyBeast or UserDSDT, ONLY use the scripts to add the PCI Root ID Fix or Instant Menu options.
See p3 in the MultiBeast 4.10 Features (guide) under the UserDSDT heading.[quote:15g3bvdy]UserDSDT is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension. Installs your DSDT as DSDT.aml, 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and npci=0x2000 and darkwake=0 kernel flags, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme in /Extra. Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Installs Chimera v1.6.0 r1394 so the system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers or Graphics support beyond GraphicsEnabler.
[/quote:15g3bvdy]

ok thank you for this

but does system profiler -> software -> 64 bit kernel enabled = No

mean nothing?

If I understand the Boot Options correctly, if you pick a Boot Option, you will override the default item associated with UserDSDT.

Hmmm. Are you telling me that GraphicsEnabler=Yes, which is the default, doesn't work for you or is this an academic discussion? :think: :mrgreen: In any case, see the Graphics section in the MB Features document, p5. :thumbup:

Hi,
I have just installed 10.7.2 from an external USB drive with Unibeast (updated from 10.6.8)
Could you give me good settings for MultiBeast 4.1.

Will I prefer MacPro3,1 def or iMac12,2?

Thanks

akimov said:
Hi,
I have just installed 10.7.2 from an external USB drive with Unibeast (updated from 10.6.8)
Could you give me good settings for Multibeast 4.1.

Will I prefer MacPro3,1 def or iMac12,2?

Thanks

I will screenshot multi beast when I get home. I use MacPro3,1.

Ordered this board few days ago and hoping to get it soon. I'm gonna install Lion. could you post those multibeast settings you've found working?

Thank you!

Works ok almost everything.
The FireWire after the SLEEP (no).
Attention, I have a GTX 260

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2011-12-14 a la(s) 00.53.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2011-12-14 a la(s) 00.53.03.png
    239 KB · Views: 250
  • Captura de pantalla 2011-12-14 a la(s) 00.54.03.png
    Captura de pantalla 2011-12-14 a la(s) 00.54.03.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Captura de pantalla 2011-12-14 a la(s) 00.55.56.png