1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I migrated successfully from OS X Lion to OS X Mavericks. The System seems to run flawlessly. Sleep and wake is working as well as Audio (front and rear) and USB.

My System:

Case: andiées AI-6B
CPU: Intel i7-2700K
Motherboard: GA-Z68X-UD3H
GPU: EVGA nvidia geforce GTX 570
RAM: 16GB G.E.I.L. EVO 1600 DDR 3
SSD: 120 GB OCZ Vertex3
HDD: 1 TB Seagate/7.200 rpm

This is what I did:

I followed the instructions for installing Mavericks on an Intel based System > http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I'll skip the basics that you'll find in the guide as well.

Download Mavericks and make a bootable stick via UniBeast. Download MultiBeast and put it on the stick as well as your DSDT. Back up your current System twice.

Make full clon with Carbon Copy Cloner and a backup with Time Machine. Shut down the computer.

Disconnect all drives, except the one you intent to install Maverick on (in my case the SSD).

Boot in the BIOS and change the first boot directory to USB HDD.

Reboot and wait for he installer to show up. Click on the installer and wait fort he installation process to start. I'm my case, I always had a black screen after the gray screen with the apple logo. It took me a while to find out which boot flags need to be set to get to the installer.

If you get black screen with a system like mine, use the following boot flags:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

You will see the installer now. Choose your language and click install. Once the installation is done, run MultiBeast. Match the settings tot he hardware on your motherboard. You can find a hardware guide in the manual or at gigabyte.com.

After my first reboot into the system, I got the black screen again. Some research in the forum brought to light, that you need to make additional changes in MultiBeast. In the "Customize" Tab, click GraphicsEnabler=Yes. That did the trick. System is up an running.

By the way, I was amazed how fast Mavericks boots in comparison to Lion. It takes my system 39 seconds tot he log in screen. Lion took a lot longer.

I hope this small guide can help some of you guys to bring up your system faster then I did. It took me while to find the the answer, doing research on my iPhone while my system won't boot.

[EDIT 1] I found my DVD player/writer didn't work properly. It wont play a disk I put in for a try, neithet did it eject the disk. Searching the forum mostly brang solutions for Mountain Liojn until i found this Thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/92708-valid-dvd-drive-could-not-found-70012-best-fix.html

Post #4 did the trick. Instead of messing around with your DVDPlayback.framework, I used the kext of user "Dil83". It helped me to solve the problems i had.

[EDIT 2] After removing iStat Menu bar I had a weired thing going on. The clock and spotlight in the upper finder bar disappeared. They retruned for a second every now and then, so I had movement in the menu bar that was realy annoying. I googled and found a solution in the Apple Discussuions forum:

"Go to your Finder "Go" menu hold the option key to choose "Library". Then go to the Preferences folder and find and delete com.apple.systemuiserver.plist. Then go to the By Host folder also inside your Preferences folder and check to see if there are any references there. If so, delete com.apple.systemuiserver.plist (also any with numbers). Then log out and back in, or restart."

This was not a hackintosh specific problem, it's a Mavericks bug! Anyways, I hope it will help some of you guys.

Attachments

• ffee2447b152494b43d9816faaea83c8_M.jpg
    ffee2447b152494b43d9816faaea83c8_M.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 158
Hello,

Thank for your guide.

Could you share your multibeast configuration ?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back