Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i5-2500k - Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very similar build and just wanted to say that I successfully updated from 10.7 -> 10.8, but there was some problems.

The actual installation process went fine, although I used an SD card via a USB card reader instead of the usual USB stick and also unplugged my HD 6870 for the install.

During the initial bootup, I had my first hiccup. The boot would hang after 'USBMSC...'.

To remedy this, I used the "PciRoot=1" command and had the Onboard VGA in bios set to "Enable if No Ext..". It wouldn't work with the "Always Enable" setting.

During the next boot it went a little further, but it hung on the Ethernet. So I went back into bios and disabled onboard LAN, along with everything else I wouldn't immediately need (audio, etc.)

This got me booted into 10.8, and after running Multibeast with the settings given in the OP and re-enabling everything in bios, I seem to have a stable install.

The only thing I'm missing is full resolution with my HD 3000.

I never put my system to sleep, so I don't have that tested, but powering off seems to be a lot faster than it was in 10.7.

Thanks to the OP and everyone else for sharing their experience and advice!

Like everyone else, I had to unplug/disable my HD 6850. I booted into the installer with GraphicsEnabler=No, installed everything fine. I then booted into Mac OS X 10.8 with GraphicsEnabler=No and did the multi-beast as per the first page, except I left the 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No unchecked. I then had to boot back into the installer and get the bootloader installed because I ran into the boot0 error that I also had with Lion. After that, I popped back in my 6850, booted back up.

I'm running the F10 BIOS with the F9 DSDT, as it worked fine for me on Lion, and it has worked fine for me in ML.

HD4000 will only work from a cold boot..

Only with -f I've got USB.. Tried some ways to fix it but all the tricks won't help..

Anybody a solution for it?

I have the same mobo/cpu/6850 up and running on a fresh 10.8 install. Everything seems to work fine, but when I try to change the resolution under settings/display, there are not any options! OP, could you verify if your settings/display gives you any options for the resolution?

Thanks!

So, I've upgraded our hackintoshs seamlessly to 10.8 :D

2x i5 2500k, 1x i7 1275 Xeon, 1x i3 2125, all with ATI 68x0/4870. Everything is working like under 10.7: Sleep, automatic Sleep, Sound, Booting, App Store, iTunes Match, Networking...

Thank you Apple, thank you tonymacx86!

I have basically the same system as you ziago with the exception of a 1-5 3750k and 16gbs of ram. I tried what you said but what happens is it gets a symbol over the apple symbol and i cant install if you could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

I have basically the same system as you ziago with the exception of a 1-5 3750k and 16gbs of ram. I tried what you said but what happens is it gets a symbol over the apple symbol and i cant install if you could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried removing the graphics card and installing OS X using the onboard graphics? After installing OS X you can then put the card back in. This is how I installed Mountain Lion.

Yes i tried that and it still didnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back