Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i5-2500k - Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have the exact same stats except my i5-2500k is not OC. I have a geekbench score of 9200. I did not do a fresh install, I installed it over the previous version of Lion so that I could still have all my apps. Everything is working great except the onboard audio for some reason. I cannot get this to work for the life of me. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

So far these are the Multibeast settings I've used:

Audio>Realtek ALC8xx>Unified Device Injector>ALC8xxHDA
Audio>Realtek ALC8xx>AppleHDA Rollback

Does sleep/wake works ? What about speedsteep ? Are you using nullcpu ?

After a little bit trial and error I've got the same hardware running under 10.8. Sleep is working fine, iCloud and iTunes Match working too.

Some things differ from 10.7 with Multibeast:

• Sleep: in Multibeast included patched AppleRTC.kext causes CMOS Resets after sleep
• Sound: Toleda's patched AppleHDA doesn't work anymore for onboard sound
• SATA/Harddisks: without a patched IOATAFamily.kext (or a 3rd party SATA kext) system won't boot (hangs with "Still wating for root device")

For all 3 problems exists solutions, I guess it will take some time till we get a 10.8 Multibeast edition for a comfortable installation.

Hardware: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3, i2500k, XFX 6870.

Geekbench: 9200 Points@stock clocks.

Onboard-Firewire and -Ethernet are disabled, I've bought some months ago PCIe cards which working out of the box without hackish kexts in 10.7 and 10.8.

I did the update from Lion on my F12 Z68X-UD3H-B3 (core i3). I removed my Sapphire 6850 and installed via HD3000. I then applied the posted multibeast settings (dropping p-states, ssdt and (for the time being) usb3) I shut down the system and reinserted my 6850. So far everything seems to work. I haven't yet tried sleep, though. The only thing I noticed is a blinking kinda translucent rectangle in the upper left corner on the login-screen. Anyone experienced that? Sound and ethernet are working ok. Gotta benchmark the Graphics later on..

After a little bit trial and error I've got the same hardware running under 10.8. Sleep is working fine, iCloud and iTunes Match working too.

Some things differ from 10.7 with Multibeast:

• Sleep: in Multibeast included patched AppleRTC.kext causes CMOS Resets after sleep
• Sound: Toleda's patched AppleHDA doesn't work anymore for onboard sound
• SATA/Harddisks: without a patched IOATAFamily.kext (or a 3rd party SATA kext) system won't boot (hangs with "Still wating for root device")

For all 3 problems exists solutions, I guess it will take some time till we get a 10.8 Multibeast edition for a comfortable installation.

Hardware: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3, i2500k, XFX 6870.

Geekbench: 9200 Points@stock clocks.

Onboard-Firewire and -Ethernet are disabled, I've bought some months ago PCIe cards which working out of the box without hackish kexts in 10.7 and 10.8.

i thought i was having audio issues too. i have the same motherboard. you need to install the 3 audio things in multibeast: applehda rollback, alc8xxhda, and the patched alc889hda. that's what i did and i still had no audio until i went to system preferences/sound and enabled 'internal speakers' under output.

Can u help

Hi there.
I have everything the same system like you, except the graphic card ( i have a nvidia 460gtx).
I pluged my graphic card off, and followed ur advice with the command line GraphicEnabler 0.
I could fully install ML with my onBoard Graphic card. I reached the system and i can work for about 2 Minutes in this running ML, after these 2 Minutes the grey screen came up "This system needs to be restartet....".
So i cannot even installed my nvidia card.
Do u have a tipp for me?

Hey, I have the exact same stats except my i5-2500k is not OC. I have a geekbench score of 9200. I did not do a fresh install, I installed it over the previous version of Lion so that I could still have all my apps. Everything is working great except the onboard audio for some reason. I cannot get this to work for the life of me. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

So far these are the Multibeast settings I've used:

Audio>Realtek ALC8xx>Unified Device Injector>ALC8xxHDA
Audio>Realtek ALC8xx>AppleHDA Rollback
Hi mate, have you used the correct DSDT for your firmware version? if yes i can only suggest you to "play" with the MIDI Audio Configuration, maybe something here must be set.

Hi there.
I have everything the same system like you, except the graphic card ( i have a nvidia 460gtx).
I pluged my graphic card off, and followed ur advice with the command line GraphicEnabler 0.
I could fully install ML with my onBoard Graphic card. I reached the system and i can work for about 2 Minutes in this running ML, after these 2 Minutes the grey screen came up "This system needs to be restartet....".
So i cannot even installed my nvidia card.
Do u have a tipp for me?

Sorry about that, but i don't have any suggestion for nvidia users, i can only suggest you to search in this forums for some advice.

I have Reinstalled Mounta Lion today with the same hardware and the same step by step installation and all work fine.
I'm glad to have a very rock solid OS X system, thanks to tonymack86 community.

For those who still failed to have a fully working system, I suggest a lot of patience, and enjoy these summer holidays

RTC

.. .so does it mean that the RTC CMOS reset is an issue? Does CMOS get reset when putting the machine to sleep?

@zard: The reset happens after a second sleep (first works fine), the machine doesn't wake up and if you hard reset the board after that the BIOS is reseted.

The cause is the patched AppleRTC.kext from actual Multibeast, the patch isn't compatible to 10.8. But it exists a patch for 10.8, sleep is working seamless here.

I've upgraded my first production box from 10.7 to 10.8 yesterday, next 3 follow tomorrow.

Sorry about that, but i don't have any suggestion for nvidia users, i can only suggest you to search in this forums for some advice.

Hi there.
It cannot be a nvidia problem. I plugged my card off!
The failor comes up after i instlled multibeast, graphic card is still plugged off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back