Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - i5-2500k - Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing just to get this started.

Whats the main reason for disabling the 6850? Why a disconnect between lion and ML?

Having trouble getting this to work

I have a very similar setup. Almost identical except for a 6870. I couldn't get the installer to load, so I removed the kext from the USB drive. It installed fine, I replaced the kext, repaired permissions, ran multibeast with basic settings, and re-started. I have tried this install twice thus far. I can boot in through safe mode with GraphicsEnabeler=No. Anything else, and it just spins at the apple logo for a while (eventually restarts, but no KP). What am I missing? Any tips?

I will try to follow your install precisely tomorrow as well and see how that goes.

Ok, i'll try to answer to all:
did you have to take out some ram (4GB) and put it back in again, or is it ok to just leave it as it is?
also did you have to limit the frequency of the cpu to stock and OC it again?
No and no :) the ram where all inn ( 2x4gb ) and i didn't have to limit the CPU frequency.

Same mobo here. Have you tried to boot into the installer with GraphicsEnabler=No instead of using your HD3000 ?

I have HD2000 and using the build in GPU of the CPU is not an option for me.
I tried but with no succes, maybe because i have the GPU connected to my monitor with an HDMI-DVI cable

Not to sound like a complete noob, but I did exactly what you said and cannot get video to work with the same MB. Are there any additional settings I need to use? I change the "Onboard VGA" setting to "Always Enable" under the "Advanced BIOS Features" window. I then turn the computer off and unplug DVI from GPU and plug into Onboard GPU. No video then.
Yes there is another setting in BIOS but now i can't remember, will restart after this post and edit it :)

Is this a fresh install or an up grade?

Thanks

This is a fresh install

Whats the main reason for disabling the 6850? Why a disconnect between lion and ML?
There isn't a main reason for doing it, i read in other post that this trick is the success way for who that can't get trough install with a Radeon HD 6xxx.

I have a very similar setup. Almost identical except for a 6870. I couldn't get the installer to load, so I removed the kext from the USB drive. It installed fine, I replaced the kext, repaired permissions, ran multibeast with basic settings, and re-started. I have tried this install twice thus far. I can boot in through safe mode with GraphicsEnabeler=No. Anything else, and it just spins at the apple logo for a while (eventually restarts, but no KP). What am I missing? Any tips?
unfortunately the only thing I could advise now is to disable the 6870 and install the integrated GPU, assuming you have this.
Perhaps someone more expert can help you!

Ziago

I have the same setup, exept for the gpu mine is a hd5770. This weekend will give it go on my second SSD
Thanks for the tip.

I had already replied to this thread but my answer has not been published, I'll try again.
did you have to take out some ram (4GB) and put it back in again, or is it ok to just leave it as it is?
also did you have to limit the frequency of the cpu to stock and OC it again?
No, and no, i had 2x4gb ram in the slots and i haven't change the CPU frequency for the instal.

Same mobo here. Have you tried to boot into the installer with GraphicsEnabler=No instead of using your HD3000 ?

I have HD2000 and using the build in GPU of the CPU is not an option for me.
I tried but didn't get to work, maybe because a have the GPU linked with my monitor with an HDMI-DVI cable

Not to sound like a complete noob, but I did exactly what you said and cannot get video to work with the same MB. Are there any additional settings I need to use? I change the "Onboard VGA" setting to "Always Enable" under the "Advanced BIOS Features" window. I then turn the computer off and unplug DVI from GPU and plug into Onboard GPU. No video then.

Sorry to have to ask...but I can't get it to work.

Yes, there is, i will restart my hackintosh and edit this post because i can't remember now what option was.

Is this a fresh install or an up grade?

Thanks

Yes, it was a fresh install :)

There isn't a main reason, i read on other post that this was the trick to get trough the installation because it seems to be some problem with the Radeon HD 6xxx.

I will try to follow your install precisely tomorrow as well and see how that goes.

Have you selected "64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No" from the Boot Options in Multibeast?

I answered all your questions, but I'm waiting for a moderator to approve my post, I do not know why, maybe for the quotes i have in my post.
EDIT:
I had already replied to this thread but my answer has not been published, I'll try again.
No, and no, i had 2x4gb ram in the slots and i haven't change the CPU frequency for the instal.

I tried but didn't get to work, maybe because a have the GPU linked with my monitor with an HDMI-DVI cable

Yes, there is, i will restart my hackintosh and edit this post because i can't remember now what option was.

Yes, it was a fresh install :)

There isn't a main reason, i read on other post that this was the trick to get trough the installation because it seems to be some problem with the Radeon HD 6xxx.

Have you selected "64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No" from the Boot Options in Multibeast?

I answered all your questions, but I'm waiting for a moderator to approve my post, I do not know why, maybe for the quotes i have in my post.

Is sleep working well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back