1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Specs:

Core i5-2500K 3.8Ghz
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB DDR3
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3

Stuff that works: Everything (also 5.1 Surround)
Stuff that doesn't work: Nothing

This is how i got a Rock Solid Mountain Lion Installation:
I just followed the wonderful help from this link:
tonymacx86.com - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC
(Thanks to tony!)
After preparing the USB unibeast i have booted with my onboard GPU enabled from bios, bypassing my HD6850 for the installation.
Only "GraphicsEnabler=No" set before the installer.

After installing Mountain Lion I rebooted again with the OnBoard GPU and the GraphicsEnabler=No, downloaded Multibeast e my DSDT for the setup.

I have Attached the screenshotsof my Multibeast selections.

iCloud Work OOB and so all the new features of Mountain Lion.

My Geekbench score is around 10700 points, a little more than a lion with the same hardware configuration ( attached there is a screenshot).

Tomorrow i will get a new HDD and will reinstall Mountain Lion with the same setup.

If you have some question I will answer to help others have successful installations.

Ziago

Attachments

• Multibeast1.tiff
    289.7 KB · Views: 933
  • Multibeast2.tiff
    287.1 KB · Views: 664
  • Multibeast3.tiff
    242.2 KB · Views: 611
  • Geekbench ML.tiff
    151.8 KB · Views: 363
did you have to take out some ram (4GB) and put it back in again, or is it ok to just leave it as it is?
also did you have to limit the frequency of the cpu to stock and OC it again?

thanks in advance

That's the hardware I want! I've been waiting so long for assure that this hardware was compatible with Mountain Lion. I though that Z77+Ivy bridge would be better for Mountain Lion, but I think I'm going to buy the Z68X-UD3H-B3+i5 2500K.

Same mobo here. Have you tried to boot into the installer with GraphicsEnabler=No instead of using your HD3000 ?

I have HD2000 and using the build in GPU of the CPU is not an option for me.

i successfully updated to ML
creating quick thread about it in a few minutes

Not to sound like a complete noob, but I did exactly what you said and cannot get video to work with the same MB. Are there any additional settings I need to use? I change the "Onboard VGA" setting to "Always Enable" under the "Advanced BIOS Features" window. I then turn the computer off and unplug DVI from GPU and plug into Onboard GPU. No video then.

Sorry to have to ask...but I can't get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back