Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 / i7-2600k / EVGA GeForce GTX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the F11 Bios, and it is working great. Apparently there is an F12 that came out in October, but I probably won't upgrade any time soon since F11 is working.

You can read the Bios descriptions and download here:
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3854&dl=1#bios

Basically, the updates add the following:

F5: Support GIGABYTE TouchBIOS
Support Intel Smart Response (Note: Please install the latest IRST version: 10.5.0.1027 or above)

F9: Support GIGABYTE TouchBIOS
Support Intel 22nm CPU

F11: Improve OCZ PCIe SSD compatibility
Support Dolby Home Theater PCEEv4 (Note: Please update the latest audio driver for Dolby Home Theater PCEEv4 support)

F12: Intel 22nm CPU support update

I upgraded to the F11 because I am thinking seriously about adding an SSD in the future, and I didn't want to mess with Bios once I got the computer working. So started from F11 as my base.

gdtrfb24 said:
Just curious for this board, what model identifier are you running? I'm using MacPro3,1 on mine.

I am running the MacPro3,1 as well. I tried the other MacPro identifiers and either had kernel panics or inability to boot in to OSX. I also tried some of the iMac identifiers which worked, but I have much higher benchmarks when running on MP3,1.

The default MacPro3,1 is a stable definition. There are exceptions and the Forum Search function can help you learn them. For us HD 3000 users, if we ant to use more than one monitor, we have to use MacMini (5,1) smbois definition.

I built the system above with the same motherboad and processor. Olny with the Gigabyte 6850HD video card.

I've been trying to update my bios to F11. I've downloaded the file a number of times and it tells me that the file size is wrong. I did download the correct rev1 for the board.

I was able to update doing it online but then it loaded F12.

Will the DSDT for F11 work with F12. If not I don't know why I can't get any of the updates to load. F5 or F11.

If anyone has F11 for this board and knows it works could you email it to me?

Leopard did boot up after the update but the sound is still set for Voodo.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back