Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, i52500k, Rad HD 6850, Lion/SnoLe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork said:
Yes, consider both mobos the same as far as BIOS and HD 3000 setup. However, if you use a graphics card, like Frostcall's 6850, then you won't be able to use both HD 3000 and a graphics card, for the present.

Ok. Cool thanks. If I have any other questions, I will bring them up in your Zorro thread since that may be a Better spot for them. Thanks a bunch.

Install the latest Chimera from the Download forum section. This will probably clean up the problem.

Anyone deal with RAID on this board? is it possible? I've been googling to hell and i fear it might not be :\ i guess rsync can help if raid doesnt work

hey i will be buying the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 also where is the part about getting the graphics card to work please help thanks......BTW i`m a noob sorta

satsumi,
LOL! The HD 6850 works out-of-the-box (OOB). See the links in my signature block for the official tonymacx86 installation guides and the recommended builds (and components) guide.

Be sure you've read all the Rules faq.php There are several that will get you banned in a heartbeat.

Hi,

I have this board, and the i5 CPU with 16 gigs of ram installed (4x4GB).

Basically, all 4 ram slots are being used.

My question is if the Cooler Master heatsink used by Frostcall (or any other someone can recommend) fits on the board with all 4 RAM slots open.

The stock cpu cooler almost touches the RAM slots now, so I want to overclock, but I don't know how to get a good cooler that will fit with me not losing any RAM.

It fit fine for me. If you refer to the 3rd image in the main post, you can see the space.

I've got the same everything as the build in this thread, but I don't have QE/CI working in Lion. It was working before in Snow Leopard. Has anyone with this particular build gotten that to work?

Thanks in advance for any info!
-Casey

Hi everyone (again),

For people using the Bulrushes framebuffer to get the HDMI and top DVI working:

Do you experience this thing where when there is motion on the screen, sometimes a portion of the display is delayed by a fast but noticeable difference. It's a horizontal "line" where the ones above will be slower than the bottom.

The location of this line moves occasionally with reboots (and sometimes it disappears).

If anyone knows what this is/how you can fix it, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back