Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Normally I do a clean install for everything, but today I was feeling lazy. I backed up my HD, then ran Unibeast.

In the Mountain Lion install I selected my current HD and pressed install. Walked away-- came back and ML was booted. (Did not boot to unibeast again, it just booted straight to ML).

Out of the box, sound didn't work. I ran Multibeast and selected Kext / Audio / Realtek ALC8xx / Patched AppleHDA / [x] ALC889. I also selected Trim Enabler, and Chimera again (don't know if it was needed).

Reboot.

Sound, working w/ Kext
Network, working w/o Kext (I have an addin card)
Sleep / Wake / Wake on Lan, working w/o Kext
CPU Temps working (and are ok)

Couldn't have been easier!

Great! Is TRIM working?

Yes!

System Report says Trim is supported, after selecting Trim Enabler in Multibeast. So far everything is working. I haven't tried removing the DSDT or SSDT files yet. Other than that, perfect build.

Quick question OP: Are you able to make appstore installs? I'm in the same EXACT boat as you with identical hardware. Ethernet works perfectly, only sound needed your aforementioned tweaks. I, however, am told my device couldn't be verified or something to that effect when attempting to sign into the appstore.

Any idea what to do?

Does AirPlay work....?..

I just upgraded my App store apps and purchased a free one. Yes, they work.

However, my MB NIC is disabled. I went with a Rosewill RC-401-EX, which is the same as the Sonnet Presto card (made for Mac). That was the best money I've ever spent on this hackintosh!

Airplay - works. Tested sending it to an XMBC box (OpenELEC).

I have the same mobo, and almost everything is working here as well.
Though the ethernet is not recognized and i think due to that i cant login to app store or messages.
Did any of you install kexts after upgrading?

what video

What are you using for a video card? My nividia Geoforce 8400 GS seems to hang things up at [PCI configuration begin] I install perfectly and then hang up at the apple white screen.

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading but there are 3 things keeping me from starting right away, maybe some of you who upgraded could shed some light:

1) USB 3.0 support. Could anyone using this mobo please confirm that it is working? I really use it everyday.

2) HDMI. Is HDMI working, with audio and everything?

3) Performance. Several people reported lower geekbench scores and sluggish behavior. Is it smooth or sluggish?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back