Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I figured I would share my story as well.

<- You can view the specs on the left side.

My setup actually went pretty smoothly, only a few hiccups.

I'm running the UEFI BIOS. I'm not exactly sure how it helps but I can tell you that with the old one I had a lot of issues with USB ports. (Some people seem to be having issues with this BIOS so be careful).

I had issues with the video card but was able to boot using GraphicsEnabler=No. (I'm using the DVI connection by the way. Not sure about HDMI, haven't tried it)

Install went fine but I couldn't boot no matter what flag I used. Must be an issue with Chimera because when I tried booting with Chameleon (Enoch-rev.2035.pkg) it worked perfectly.

Check attachments to see what I'm using in Multibeast.

I'm also posting screenshots of After Effects and the settings I'm using in chameleon (I may not need some of them but since they work I'm not touching them lol).

One of the "issues" I have so far are that every now and then the mouse starts to skip (I made a thread about it but no one replied) it was away after a while but it's very annoying. It was the same in Lion so maybe it has to do with the motherboard/video card. If you know anything about this let me know.

I think that's it. Pretty much everything else works. No DSDT at all.

SpeedStep works I think (it goes from 16 -> 31. Not sure how it was before).

I enabled AGPM on the card and so far so good, without it it was always running around 50C now it's usually below 35C on idle.

My CPU is not compatible with Airplay so I can't test that. Audio Airplay works though.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask below or PM me.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• mb copy.jpg
    mb copy.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 601
  • chameleon.jpg
    chameleon.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 551
  • ae.jpg
    ae.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 456
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 428
  • luxmark.png
    luxmark.png
    31 KB · Views: 402
Solid. Thanks for sharing im going to give this a shot when i get home from work. i'm having the exact same boot issues.

"I enabled AGPM on the card and so far so good, without it it was always running around 50C now it's usually below 35C on idle."

How do that ? can you explain me please ?

That openCl is mine but i have 45C about

Attachments

• Cl.jpg
    Cl.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 250
I'm running the UEFI BIOS... SpeedStep works I think (it goes from 16 -> 31. Not sure how it was before)...

Hi I have the same board and the UEFI BIOS, can you tell me how you got SpeedStepping working? My CPU is stuck at x16 :(
Thanks in advance!

Hi I have the same board and the UEFI BIOS, can you tell me how you got SpeedStepping working? My CPU is stuck at x16 :(
Thanks in advance!

Make sure in your BIOS that IEST is enabled. Other than that... keep looking to see if it changes when you are doing something more processor intensive.

"I enabled AGPM on the card and so far so good, without it it was always running around 50C now it's usually below 35C on idle."

How do that ? can you explain me please ?

That openCl is mine but i have 45C about

Read this forum:

[GUIDE] Edit AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to unleash nvidia's GTX 570/580 full power and save energy at the same time. - InsanelyMac Forum

Look at the person that drew the graphic. I used his settings. They may not be the most optimal but I haven't been able to test them yet.

Also here:

Fermi Graphics Power Management - InsanelyMac Forum

Basically you just need to make sure that in the kext you go to the correct section (MacPro 5,1 or whichever you used) and paste the values that best work for you.

Make sure in your BIOS that IEST is enabled. Other than that... keep looking to see if it changes when you are doing something more processor intensive.

All sorted now! Just had to add:

Code:
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

To /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back