Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + Vega 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your Vega 64 liquid cooled still working great? I just purchased a XFX Vega 64 liquid cooled and was wondering if it's compatible out of the box for Mojave, or does it need the lilu and whatevergreen kexts? Does your Vega gets the fans spinning fast for no reason?

Does anyone else have USB issues on this board? I can't seem to get all ports working with both USB 2 and USB 3 devices. Without the uia_exclude=... boot argument, several ports will only work with USB 2 devices (USB 3 devices won't even be registered); with it, the other way round: several ports will work fine with USB 3 devices, but won't even recognise USB 2 devices. Anyone figure out how to get around that? Is this related to the 15 port limit? I have the patch for 10.13.4 in my Clover configuration, which I assume works for 10.13.6 too? All ports show up as both HS and SS in IORegistryExplorer.

Check SSDT from my build. All USB ports are working for me.

Is your Vega 64 liquid cooled still working great? I just purchased a XFX Vega 64 liquid cooled and was wondering if it's compatible out of the box for Mojave, or does it need the lilu and whatevergreen kexts? Does your Vega gets the fans spinning fast for no reason?
Hi,
yes my Geekbench results are even better with Mojave. Everything is working

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-18 um 19.44.16.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-18 um 19.44.16.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-18 um 19.40.54.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-18 um 19.40.54.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 164
Does anyone else have USB issues on this board? I can't seem to get all ports working with both USB 2 and USB 3 devices. Without the uia_exclude=... boot argument, several ports will only work with USB 2 devices (USB 3 devices won't even be registered); with it, the other way round: several ports will work fine with USB 3 devices, but won't even recognise USB 2 devices. Anyone figure out how to get around that? Is this related to the 15 port limit? I have the patch for 10.13.4 in my Clover configuration, which I assume works for 10.13.6 too? All ports show up as both HS and SS in IORegistryExplorer.
AFAIK you can't get more ports than 15, because USB2 und USB3 on one port are counted as two ports

@Galileo6373637 Thanks so much for the USB fix! Couldn't get it working at all before that.

Question - did you ever have the "Disk Not Ejected Properly" warning after waking from sleep? I'm using same SSDT and config.plist as you, and I get it every time.

• LAN
    • Install AppleIGB.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext in /Library/Extensions
Are all 3 needed for proper LAN?
Any chance a conflict with Mausi in EFI Kexts could be an issue?

I was going great setting up an install just like OP and I "think" it was AppleIGB causing a panic/reboot on Verbose booting.. Couldn't get around it no matter what I'd try so had to start over. Scared to try again..

Maybe if I put them in EFI so I can easily not load them upon boot?

Before I even try logging into iCloud (but more critically iMessage), is their a stand practice I should be following in Clover Config to generate unique serial/UUID and that sort of stuff?

My plan was to follow this write up:

Thanks much to all for any thoughts - really appreciate it

Last edited:
Before I even try logging into iCloud (but more critically iMessage), is their a stand practice I should be following in Clover Config to generate unique serial/UUID and that sort of stuff?

My plan was to follow this write up:

Thanks much to all for any thoughts - really appreciate it
An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

I'm surprised you didn't find @P1LGRIM's guide as it's a sticky in the General Help forum section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back