Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] GA-Z370N-WIFI + i7 8700K + Vega 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post - thanks! I'm building something similar, but I'm having difficulty getting Bluetooth to work. I've installed the BCM94352Z in place of the board in the little metal riser box, but System Report/Bluetooth isn't showing anything. Did you have to install anything before you got the Bluetooth to work? Can you see anything in your BIOS about Bluetooth (I have a suspicion that the card isn't seated into the little slot underneath it properly, but I'd rather check it's connected through software, rather than having to remove everything from the motherboard to check it.

Also, could you post your BIOS settings?

Thanks

Andrew

Great! Thanks. I'll give it a go!

Great post - thanks! I'm building something similar, but I'm having difficulty getting Bluetooth to work. I've installed the BCM94352Z in place of the board in the little metal riser box, but System Report/Bluetooth isn't showing anything. Did you have to install anything before you got the Bluetooth to work? Can you see anything in your BIOS about Bluetooth (I have a suspicion that the card isn't seated into the little slot underneath it properly, but I'd rather check it's connected through software, rather than having to remove everything from the motherboard to check it.

Also, could you post your BIOS settings?

Thanks

Andrew
I am still looking for a solution to this issue. I was able to get iMessage working and iCloud.

I also replaced my Wifi / Bluetooth board with a BCM94352Z module. I cannot get the bluetooth working. It shows up (I can enable/disable it), but the connections are flaky at best. (If I put a bluetooth device right next to the computer, it will be detected, but that's all.)

The uia_exclude boot options seems to be in error. The HS09 is important for USB-C. :
  • In Clover Configurator Boot Tab, enter in Custom Flags: uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS09;HS07;
I tested all usb ports using IORegistryExplorer. Did I miss something?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-20 um 22.21.48.png

How well is your sleep/wake actually working?

I have the same MB + CPU, and an RX 560. When sleeping, every 5 minutes or so the thing wakes, powers on the monitor but the display is black, for a few seconds, then it goes back to sleep. I'm not sure why it's waking so frequently and i'm not sure why the display wakes up.

Do you have the same?

My machine is sleeping like a rock.
Try to disable Power Nap and wake on network access in the energy settings.
Whats your darkwake setting in the clover config?

Hey did you use the UEFI or Legacy boot mode?

Hello Gaffalover, could you please share you darkwake setting? Thanks.

Does anyone else have USB issues on this board? I can't seem to get all ports working with both USB 2 and USB 3 devices. Without the uia_exclude=... boot argument, several ports will only work with USB 2 devices (USB 3 devices won't even be registered); with it, the other way round: several ports will work fine with USB 3 devices, but won't even recognise USB 2 devices. Anyone figure out how to get around that? Is this related to the 15 port limit? I have the patch for 10.13.4 in my Clover configuration, which I assume works for 10.13.6 too? All ports show up as both HS and SS in IORegistryExplorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back