Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z370N-WIFI - i5 8400 - RX560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

For what it's worth there are two extra steps you can try @ColinL to get that audio working if it still isn't.

1) Check the Audio ID setting (Clover Configurator is probably the easiest method). 1, 2 or 3 usually nail it. These refer to the port layout. You might have all drivers loaded and working but still no sound. This could help.

2) Select the MultiBeast app, right-click and Show Contents then - Contents - Resources. In that folder Copy the Clover-ALC1220.pkg out to Desktop (not 1220A etc). Run it from there once you have Mounted your EFI partition. Reboot.

Just ideas that have worked for me in the past. The Gigabyte ALC1220 chipset is very good quality and I've always got it working - eventually! :thumbup:

PS - I have an iMic too and they are very useful devices. ACL1220 audio is miles better though.

Last edited:
So I did it all from scratch, clean install and followed the valuable instructions @Stork gave.
Audio works like a charm I only have to add that I had to install APPlEALC.kext as well to get it working I don't know if this is an obvious step I omitted. Although I repair mac computers and iphones for a living I'm super green and helpless to the Hackintosh thing. And sure enough all USBs are working fine. Thanks for all the help, I'm truly grateful, and apologies to @ColinL if I kinda hijacked his thread, hopefully he got some help as well in the process.

In MultiBeast v10.4.0 for High Sierra you should use these USB configuration options:
:ch: Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
:ch: Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit <--- Adds PMHeart’s patch to remove Apple's XHCI USB Port Limit​
Run MultiBeast and just select the above two options. Then
:ch: Build > Install​
Now, reboot.

The above should get your motherboard's Intel USB chipset ports working. (Check your motherboard's User Manual, page 8, for more information. See also page 6 in the MultiBeast Features document that came with the MultiBeast v10.4.0 zip file.)

Hello Stork!

I took the above advice, and my USB 3.0 ports appear to be working right, they can charge an iPhone now. Thank you!

Alas, the audio has stopped working. Hmm...
No problem, I backed up my EFI partition before adding the USB drivers.

So I restore the previous EFI folder (without the USB drivers), restart, and audio still does not work. Hmm...

Perhaps USBInjectAll or "Remove XHCI USB Port Limit" altered files on the System or Library folders too?

Hello Stork!
Alas, the audio has stopped working. Hmm...
No problem, I backed up my EFI partition before adding the USB drivers.

So I restore the previous EFI folder (without the USB drivers), restart, and audio still does not work. Hmm...

Perhaps USBInjectAll or "Remove XHCI USB Port Limit" altered files on the System or Library folders too?
I finally abandoned using the Realtek audio drivers. See my post here on how to use the AppleALC + Lilu to get your audio back. :thumbup:

I finally abandoned using the Realtek audio drivers. See my post here on how to use the AppleALC + Lilu to get your audio back. :thumbup:

Hi @Stork and @b.kind . That's a great tip for audio. I'm going to have to try that :clap:

For every upgrade I've done recently I keep an incremental copy of the unmodified AppleHDA kext in my archives - which is a good idea in my opinion. I think this stemmed from a long ago upgrade when I had some other audio problem.

Incidentally, for the first time I just noticed the "PMHeart,FredWst" comment in the audio patch. I wonder how many others noticed the scary similarity of that comment to the name of UK serial killer Fred West? I wonder in the developer knows that too. Slightly unpleasant reference at least...:thumbdown

:)

Stork - I do not want to hijack ColinL's thread, but I want to continue the discussion on USB issues.

Going back to the beginning.
Refreshed the BIOS settings.
Erase the HD, reinstall macOS from scratch.

MultiBeast - loading minimal drivers. Just enough to get the machine up and booting by itself.
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0
Customize >Graphics > Intel HD 6xx

Build - (shows the 3 drivers, and adds 3 more) > Install.​
Reboot (without UniBeast USB drive).

The machine now boots from the hard drive, not the USB thumb drive. Good!

First thing, let’s fix those USB issues.

I run MultiBeast again, selecting only 2 items:
Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit

Build > Install.​
Reboot.

Now I get the following:
"Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

So, my local hard-drive is no longer a bootable object.

I can boot USB > Clover > macOS.

So, I copy the previous EFI folder (without the USB) back into place.
Restart. And see the following:

So.
Does MultiBeast only change files in the EFI partition?
Or also files on the OS partition?

Thank you, Stork.

Last edited:
@b.kind, Both. It adds your selected options to /Library/Extensions/ folder and the config.plist. Your MultiBeast run did both.

Stork - I do not want to hijack ColinL's thread, but I want to continue the discussion on USB issues.

Going back to the beginning.
Refreshed the BIOS settings.
Erase the HD, reinstall macOS from scratch.

MultiBeast - loading minimal drivers. Just enough to get the machine up and booting by itself.
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0
Customize >Graphics > Intel HD 6xx
Build - (shows the 3 drivers, and adds 3 more) > Install.​
Reboot (without UniBeast USB drive).

The machine now boots from the hard drive, not the USB thumb drive. Good!

First thing, let’s fix those USB issues.

I run MultiBeast again, selecting only 2 items:
Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit
Build > Install.​
Reboot.

Now I get the following:

So, my local hard-drive is no longer a bootable object.

I can boot USB > Clover > macOS.

So, I copy the previous EFI folder (without the USB) back into place.
Restart. And see the following:

So.
Does MultiBeast only change files in the EFI partition?
Or also files on the OS partition?

Thank you, Stork.

Hi Guys,

Hijack away! This is all good info for me to use when I can get around to improving my install.

ColinL

@b.kind, Both. It adds your selected options to /Library/Extensions/ folder and the config.plist. Your MultiBeast run did both.

Thank you stork, ColinL. Clearer now.
I had hoped that restoring a previous EFI would undo any erroneous MultiBeast changes. It does not.

Questions:
If I identify the kexts that need to be removed from /Library/Extensions/, can I just delete them?
Or do I need a tool like Kext Wizard?
Or are there secondary changes to the system (IORegistry, etc) that can not easily be undone?

====
Given the very few drivers I installed onto a virgin system (above), I was surprised to find an unbootable drive.
I have repeated the process twice now from reinstalling macOS to MultiBeast.
Must be something missing or missing something.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Thank you stork, ColinL. Clearer now.
I had hoped that restoring a previous EFI would undo any erroneous MultiBeast changes. It does not.

Questions:
If I identify the kexts that need to be removed from /Library/Extensions/, can I just delete them?
Or do I need a tool like Kext Wizard?
Or are there secondary changes to the system (IORegistry, etc) that can not easily be undone?

====
Given the very few drivers I installed onto a virgin system (above), I was surprised to find an unbootable drive.
I have repeated the process twice now from reinstalling macOS to MultiBeast.
Must be something missing or missing something.

Thank you for your help.

To remove kexts from your S/L/E or L/E directories you need to rebuild the kext caches. Just deleting them doesn't complete the job, you iso need to rebuild your system kext caches. Terminal can do this.

There are a few different techniques and I admit I'm not the expert on Terminal but:

Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

... will probably work :)

If you remove USBInjectAll from L/E do the cache rebuild and then see if your system boots again. If you want try the USB kext again in the future, manually put it in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder instead. That way you can just delete it if you want to. There's no need to rebuild caches for kexts placed here.

As for the Boot problem - is that a BIOS error message? If it was a Clover error I'm thinking the drive icon simply wouldn't show up in the menu at all. So maybe check your BIOS boot order setting (a long shot I know).

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back