Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

I have reviewed the config.plist everyone is using in all the EFI's uploaded to this thread.

It appears many of you are using the sample.plist from OpenCore and keeping entries that are not necessary for your host to boot. For example, we do not need iGPU memory patches for Intel HD3000... (see bottom of config.plist).
View attachment 500741
it is disabled anyway so doesn't make any difference :)

I have reviewed the config.plist everyone is using in all the EFI's uploaded to this thread.

It appears many of you are using the sample.plist from OpenCore and keeping entries that are not necessary for your host to boot. For example, we do not need iGPU memory patches for Intel HD3000... (see bottom of config.plist).
View attachment 500741

Attached is my latest EFI. As mentioned in post #206, I dual boot macOS (w/ FileVault) and Windows 10 (w/ BitLocker). When using a DSDT, it caused Windows to crash. This makes sense since it removed ACPI tables that Windows needs to run stable.

This is the most stable EFI I could produce. PCI fields are mapped, SSDTs generated, USB kext for Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 created (which also maps my BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter), and framebuffer for i7-8700k (Coffeelake Intel UHD 630).

I use SMBIOS 19,2. Be warned that the official OpenCore stance is to use SMBIOS 19,1 or 18,3 (depending on macOS version).
View attachment 500743

You can use corpnewt's GenSMBIOS, to modify the config.plist in attached EFI to automatically generate a serial number and UUID.

Important Note: I'm running F15a BIOS with unlocked CFG. If you do not have that BIOS flashed, make sure you review the Quirks section of your config.plist and mark these values as True.
View attachment 500745

Good luck!
I also use F15a BIOS. How did you unlock CFG?

if you guys want a DSDT for this board.
Gimmie a shout.
I've got the same board running an i9 9900k on F14 with everything working spot on in OpenCore.

Just upload a vanilla of whatever bios version you're on.
Hi Plexi i have been struggling for like 2 days non stop and can't seem to boot into the installers for Dual-boot system HighSierra/Mojave and the other Catalina
I have two very similar builds and neither can boot into the installers.
Could you help me set up the EFI folders and their DSDTs.
Im a newb when it comes to the DSDTs and OpenCore.

Build 1 (Mojave for Audio Production & Catalina For Graphic Design):
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 / i9-9900K / Radeon Vii

Build 2 (High Sierra):
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 / i7-8700K / AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G

I attached my DSDT.aml file I got with my clover boot loader (F4) I also attached the IOReg file

If you could let me know what BIOS version and BIOS settings I should use to make sure everything works if you could I would highly appreciate it. love how helpful you have been in this thread.

Attachments

• Charlosb21 DSDT.aml
    166.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Charlosb21.ioreg
    11.5 MB · Views: 103
Thanks for this thread! I've been struggling along unable to boot my manual OpenCore build and this has gotten me quite a bit further.

My hardware diverges from yours in two areas: I've got dual RX580s (Saphire Pulse if it matters) and an i5-8600K instead of the i7.

I'm on the F14 bios, so I've:
- Generated my own SMBIOS entries
- made the CfgLock edits
- removed -agdpmod=pikera
- changed the model string on PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0) -- I'm not sure this actually makes sense

With Enable=True for SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml I hang up at the SMCSuperIO startup. If I set it to disabled, it hangs up just after PCI configuration end with "getFeatures() ==>"

I assume my problem is related to processor and GPU differences. Are there other changes I'm missing?

Attachments

• Config.plist.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 99
Latest EFI for OpenCore 0.6.7 attached.

Generate your own SMBIOS using the corpnewt tool :) I use 19,2.

I created a SSDT for SMBus. Super solid/stable! See post 210 for more details.
Thanks for sharing! It works for me too.

New Bios fresh original from Gigabyte F15b for z370 aorus gaming 7 rev V1.0 with the option CFG disable.
enjoy :)

Attachments

• Z370AORUSGaming7GC.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 162
Latest EFI for OpenCore 0.6.7 attached.

Generate your own SMBIOS using the corpnewt tool :) I use 19,2.

I created a SSDT for SMBus. Super solid/stable! See post 210 for more details.
hi
thanks for the EFI, is running fine. is it working with Big Sur ? do you have it running with this EFI
many thanks

Back