Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

Thank you
In OpenCore / ACPI / Quirks, check RebaseRegions.
In OpenCore / ACPI / Patch, Rename SAT0 to SATA (SSDT).
Try this (Attached)
Remove everything from Device Properties apart from your graphics card.

Attachments

• JimmakoS DSDT.aml.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 92
as mentioned in the documentation for OpenCore, DSDT is not advised or needed
Please kindly advise me how to leave this site for good as I now longer dig how it operates.
I've been here for 9 years but I'm afraid it's time to go.
Adios Amigos...

Please kindly advise me how to leave this site for good as I now longer dig how it operates.
I've been here for 9 years but I'm afraid it's time to go.
Adios Amigos...
The Rules said:
Users wishing to have their account deleted or removed need to notify us using the Contact Us link found on the bottom of every page. Any content for that account will either at the discretion of staff of the tonymacx86 Forum be deleted or the owner name will be changed.

@plexi
How far is plexi willing to go in order to help Sak making a working hackintosh?
I, really thank you a lot!
Kind
SAK

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    166.7 KB · Views: 93
  • SAKmac.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 104
Couldn't dual boot to Windows using DSDT. Can see why the folks behind OpenCore request not using DSDT. Either way thanks Plexi, gives me a chance to learn and now I have one specific to my system. Reverted back to SSDT method per OpenCore guidance. Might look into adding devices into Device Properties on my config.plist to show in the PCI field of the System Report - but that's purely aesthetics.

@plexi Can you help me with the open core installation. I am getting stuck at the attached screen for big sur open core 0.6.3.

I already have a clover installation perfectly working but cant install opencore version due to this error. If you have big sur installed can you provide the efi?

my specs:

Mobo: Z370 Aoros Gaming 7
Proc: 8700k
Ram: 16 GB
m.2: 970 Evo Plus
GPU: RX 580 Sapphire

Attachments

• IMG_0220.png
    IMG_0220.png
    13.1 MB · Views: 116
Hi khawajazwar, here is my EFI with usb and dsdt port mapping for z370 gaming 7 with bios f15a
let me know if it's all fine.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
Proc: 8700k
Ram: 16 GB
GPU: RX 580 Sapphire Pulse 8gb

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 209
@pataquid Actually the @plexi efi worked for me perfectly fine for me with the usbinjectall. I have F14 bios and tried your efi but it crashed stuck on the apple logo. And even I just tried replacing you USBkext but it didn't worked with the same issue getting stuck on apple logo. May be due to F14 bios difference. But anyways thank you for the help and special thanks to @plexi

@plexi @pataquid can you please confirm if I upgrade my RX 580 to 5700 XT, what specific changes would I need to make for it to work fully native and full throttle?

Thanks again guys. You guys are awesome.

I have reviewed the config.plist everyone is using in all the EFI's uploaded to this thread.

It appears many of you are using the sample.plist from OpenCore and keeping entries that are not necessary for your host to boot. For example, we do not need iGPU memory patches for Intel HD3000... (see bottom of config.plist).
1607722316500.png

Attached is my latest EFI. As mentioned in post #206, I dual boot macOS (w/ FileVault) and Windows 10 (w/ BitLocker). When using a DSDT, it caused Windows to crash. This makes sense since it removed ACPI tables that Windows needs to run stable.

This is the most stable EFI I could produce. PCI fields are mapped, SSDTs generated, USB kext for Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 created (which also maps my BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter), and framebuffer for i7-8700k (Coffeelake Intel UHD 630).

I use SMBIOS 19,2. Be warned that the official OpenCore stance is to use SMBIOS 19,1 or 18,3 (depending on macOS version).
1607722509100.png

You can use corpnewt's GenSMBIOS, to modify the config.plist in attached EFI to automatically generate a serial number and UUID.

Important Note: I'm running F15a BIOS with unlocked CFG. If you do not have that BIOS flashed, make sure you review the Quirks section of your config.plist and mark these values as True.
1607723168500.png

Good luck!

EDIT 12/24 - New EFI Uploaded. Better iGPU support and video acceleration with hopefully correct Framebuffer :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Back