Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700k + RX5700XT + OC

Here's yours, edited.

Thank you plexi!

I can see there are changes on the USB layout so I'd better remap it. ;)

Is there anyway to change default boot selection on Opencore menu? I have another drive with Windows and it show first on the list and OC always boot into it.

Thank you plexi!

I can see there are changes on the USB layout so I'd better remap it. ;)

Is there anyway to change default boot selection on Opencore menu? I have another drive with Windows and it show first on the list and OC always boot into it.
From OSX, go into System Preferences / Startup Disk.

USB should not have changed but the DSDT you were running on before was actually from bios F14.
Someone up here submitted their vanilla, wrongly thinking they were running F15a.
They had also renamed PEGP on that said vanilla.

Best to keep Windows on it's own boot loader for now, and just press F12 to get a bios boot menu.
The OpenCore EFI you're running is really just for OSX and Big Sur.

From OSX, go into System Preferences / Startup Disk.
USB should not have changed but the DSDT you were running on before was actually from bios F14.
Someone up here submitted their vanilla, wrongly thinking they were running F15a.
They had also renamed PEGP on that said vanilla.
You're right! nothing has changed just one more active port showing.

I replaced DSDT and now USB Type C not working anymore both at the back and front(I have 1 usb-c on top from the case). It's quite weird because it has been on and off before and at last ,,I got it working without knowing exactly what make it works haha. Do you have any ideas on this?

You're right! nothing has changed just one more active port showing.

I replaced DSDT and now USB Type C not working anymore both at the back and front(I have 1 usb-c on top from the case). It's quite weird because it has been on and off before and at last ,,I got it working without knowing exactly what make it works haha. Do you have any ideas on this?
Maybe you should put USBInjectAll back in, And re-map it.

Maybe you should put USBInjectAll back in, And re-map it.
USB-C is working now but I just move this usb to use the top port ..

IMG_6446.jpg

Thank you very much Plexi! At first neither EFI you made for me worked, so I went down a hardware troubleshooting path and removed my old boot drive, an early WD Black NVMe m.2 ssd. That drive must have been damaged in the power event. I picked up a new WD Black 500 GB NVMe m.2 for $62 (!) at BestBuy this afternoon and now have a fresh installation up and running, but with a VASTLY improved EFI thanks to you.

The DSDT version you provided boots 2-3x faster than my old Clover installation and just seems faster and more stable in every way than the other versions I made.

Now I'll just have to follow the USB mapping guide and get that dialed in.

Note: I had the wrong 2nd ethernet kext because of this line in the OpenCore guide: "Atheros Killer E2500 models are actually Realtek based, for these systems please use RealtekRTL8111 instead". My Windows installation on this hardware identifies it as a Killer E2500, so that's what I went with.
I just tried all of the RealtekRTL8111 kexts< and none of them ran the Killer.
Stick with the Atheros kext.

Actually, The ASMedia USB 3.1 and USB C are not part of the map on the Z370.
They are on the Z390.
Is it all running good?
When it's working ..it's all working and when I re-config something, sometime it stops working.. now it's not working again because I added 2x display port connection to Alpine ridge to get 5k resolutions on Ultrafine 5k :lol:

Do you think I should add UIScale 02 in NVRAM 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 for HiDPI monitor?

When it's working ..it's all working and when I re-config something, sometime it stops working.. now it's not working again because I added 2x display port connection to Alpine ridge to get 5k resolutions on Ultrafine 5k :lol:

Do you think I should add UIScale 02 in NVRAM 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 for HiDPI monitor?
If you're using a 4k monitor, then you need UIScale 02.
See if this runs better on your setup.
Attached is a large table edit of your vanilla DSDT.

Attachments

• Pavita Large Table Edit F15a DSDT.aml.zip
    40.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back