Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z170XP-SLI - i7-6700K - GTX 960 - M.2 Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks that was helpful ^^

I think I'm gonna stick with one GC (don't really need another one) and try the 2To SSD (really important for me).

So if I understand, I can always add another operating system (gave it it's own Drive) after Installing Os ?

I have been tinkering with a very similar build with sierra.
GA Z170-XP w/ i7-6700k 16gbDDR4 3000 MHz, EVGA GTX 960 FTW, and a monitor without speakers.
This board has Realtek ALC1150, I inject the Realtek 1150 support and 100 series sound support with MultiBeast and I have no sound whatsoever. I am using the 3.5 mm jack on mobo and have tried using the one on the front (using hd audio connector from mobo to case) and nothing.
How are you routing your sound? Over hdmi, spdif or 3.5 mm jack?

I have got my video working on iMac 17,1 with nvidia web driver. The sound is my last struggle.

When I look at sound preferences I don't see any listing for the 1150 sound , just airport devices.

Can you see an entry for the 1150 under sound prefs?

Thanks

tomkz's Build: i7-6700K - Z170XP-SLI - Gigabyte GTX 960​

Last edited:
This problem is sort of resolved.
On Sierra using the methods described by Toleda I was able to get some sound. Which is all I was shooting for in the first place.
What I had to do was....
1. Rerun MultiBeast with all audio unchecked.
2. Mounted EFI partition to make sure there was no kext for the audio in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Followed the method described in "Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]
Sierra Update

Realtek ALC/Desktop: 269*, 283*, 885, 887, 888, 892, 898 and 1150 on board audio
(* BRIX/NUC only)
Supports macOS/OS X: 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9 and 10.8"
I chose
"II. Realtek ALC AppleHDA Scripts
  1. Download script (select one script, Download/View Raw)
    1. audio_cloverALC.command.zip
      • patch kernel cache
      • no edits to any native AppleHDA.kext file
      • 2-4 files added to Resources folder
"
Now I have sound through "Internal Speaker" under sound prefs when my speakers are plugged into the green 3.5mm port marked "LINE OUT", or through "Headphones" plugged into the headphone port on the case (via HDAUDIO connector on motherboard.
Good enough, I have a monitor without sound so HDMI audio is inconsequential for now.

following this above method worked when MultiBeast didn't on a iMac17,1 profile for Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI (BIOS F6) with Realtek 1150 sound.

I have been tinkering with a very similar build with sierra.
GA Z170-XP w/ i7-6700k 16gbDDR4 3000 MHz, EVGA GTX 960 FTW, and a monitor without speakers.
This board has Realtek ALC1150, I inject the Realtek 1150 support and 100 series sound support with MultiBeast and I have no sound whatsoever. I am using the 3.5 mm jack on mobo and have tried using the one on the front (using hd audio connector from mobo to case) and nothing.
How are you routing your sound? Over hdmi, spdif or 3.5 mm jack?

I have got my video working on iMac 17,1 with nvidia web driver. The sound is my last struggle.

When I look at sound preferences I don't see any listing for the 1150 sound , just airport devices.

Can you see an entry for the 1150 under sound prefs?

Thanks

Have you have the oportunity to check if the PCI ports (not the PCI Express ones) work? I would like to buy this motherboard because i have two PCI to firewire cards.

@Whackhack - sorry for the late reply - My sound is not working perfectly... I lose it when the computer goes to sleep... the work around is not letting it go to sleep. That said, I believe the kexts required to get it working were: HDAEnabler1 & HDAEnabler2.

@doqtorlobo - I don't think I'm using those slots... I only have a wifi card in the the PCIEX1_1 slot, and a GTX 960 in the PCIEX16 slot.

Did you manage to get iMessage working? I have the same mobo and cpu and have tried every how-to I could find on the internet many times over without success. So far that is the only thing I have not been able to get working.

Hello,

I'm trying to install macOS Catalina on my new Samsung 970 EVO Plus.

After preparing the BIOS and USB, I started the installation process. When I select the target disk in the macOS installation user interface, the screen returns to the macOS utility without any error message.
And the installation of macOS on the SSD NVMe cannot start.

I state that I have a 1050 Ti as on the previous SSD crucial I had High Sierra. But I would like to use the video card integrated in the processor until I take an AMD video card.

What can I do to continue the installation process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back