Contribute
Register

Success: GA-Z170X-UD5, i7-6700K, EVGA GTX970, Skylake iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you don't have to buy OS X unless you don't have access to a Mac (friends', school, library, work, college or university). See the link above for more information.

You don't have to pay to make an Apple ID (account) but to download software from the Apple Mac App Store (MAS), you'll need to associate a credit card with your account even though you'll be only downloading free software.

If you use another Mac or Hack to access the MAS, you'll have to sign in with your account ID, otherwise you might have problems with the after install access.

So, create and log into your MAS account on your friend's Mac and download Sierra; after it's done downloading, the installer opens - just quit it. However, before downloading, make sure your friend's Mac doesn't have the Sierra installation app in the Applications folder; if so, move it temporarily to another folder. Download UniBeast and MultiBeast for Sierra. Run UniBeast to create the Installer USB thumb drive. After UniBeast is done, copy MultiBeast to the thumb drive. You're now set to install Sierra on your PC. See the tonymacx86 guide for instructions > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Since the Intel on-board graphics on the 100 series motherboards is flaky right now, I'd invest in a low end graphics card like a GTX 750 Ti or used Nvidia GTX 760 or GTX 950. Stay away from AMD graphics cards as they have sleep/wake-up problems.
Very detailed answer, really thanks!

Just FYI, I've used this guide to build a similar system (thanks sunnyj!). Overclocked to 4.8GHz using the Corsair Hydro Series H60 and it's running stable on Windows 10 and Mac so you should be fine. Geekbench score below.

View attachment 218268

Would you mind sharing your OC method? When I try and overclock my hack only recognises half of my ram :/

Hi stork ,
This is Sid

I have built a skylake hackintosh for music production

Hackintosh details:-

Mobo - Gigabyte z170x ud5th
Processor - Intel Skylake I7 6700k
Ram - Corsair Vengance 16 x1
2400 MHz.(slot 0)
Boot drive - Samsung 850 Evo 256gb
Ssd
Storage drive - Segate 4tb sshd
PSU - Corsair cx500

I got everything installed except the correct working of the memory.

I have installed 16gb ddr4 2400mhz memory on slot 0 in my mobotherboard.

But when I open about my mac it showing only 8gb with 3200 MHz .

Can you help me with the fix for my memory problem?

I am attaching the photos for d issue
How the hell is this related to sunnyj's post?
This is getting ridiculous, are you guys are just plain stupid or are you trolling?

How the hell is this related to sunnyj's post?
This is getting ridiculous, are you guys are just plain stupid or are you trolling?
I cut out the non topical posts and moved them elsewhere.

My build is quite similar; Z170X-UD5, i6700K, GEFORCE 950, 32G RAM, 2xEVO850-500G. I also used iMac 17,1 as the system definition.

A few hints that might help some folks... Prior to installing AGDPfix, you'll need to disable system integrity protection (SIP). Most pages recommend booting from the recovery partition by holding down Command-R during boot, however this doesn't work on a Hackintosh. The easier method is to us CloverConfigurator to make the change (see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cant-disable-sip-el-capitan.176151/) and restart.

Also, as long as you haven't disabled it, the HDMI port on the motherboard should be live even if the nVidia drivers aren't yet working (the black screen mentioned earlier), so just plug a monitor into it and avoid having to set up screen sharing.

I did need to fix iMessage; everything else is working just fine (sleep etc).

Perry

Hello,
have you try to enable VT-d and run VirtualBox ?

I'm an Android developer, and I think to build a hackintosh to replace my Mac Mini 2012, but I need VT-d to run Android emulators like Genymotion.

Hello,
have you try to enable VT-d and run VirtualBox ?

I'm an Android developer, and I think to build a hackintosh to replace my Mac Mini 2012, but I need VT-d to run Android emulators like Genymotion.
I am sorry I have no experience with VT-d or running a VirtualBox. However, if it works on a regular Mac, it should work on a Hackintosh if you buy compatible parts.

I'm about to start a nearly identical hardware build and this post helps me breathe a HUGE sigh of relief. You likely saved me hours and hours of tedious optimization. Thanks a million, dude.

One question: are you using a key-remapper like Karabiner? Karabiner apparently doesn't work under Sierra. I thought I'd need to install El Cap instead of Sierra to retain use of Karabiner, but if you know of an alternative to Karabiner that works under Sierra, then I'll gladly upgrade to Sierra. Thoughts?

I'm about to start a nearly identical hardware build and this post helps me breathe a HUGE sigh of relief. You likely saved me hours and hours of tedious optimization. Thanks a million, dude.

One question: are you using a key-remapper like Karabiner? Karabiner apparently doesn't work under Sierra. I thought I'd need to install El Cap instead of Sierra to retain use of Karabiner, but if you know of an alternative to Karabiner that works under Sierra, then I'll gladly upgrade to Sierra. Thoughts?
I have no experience with Karabiner. I use the key modifier in the keyboard preferences for my Logitech G810 and it works flawlessly. However, when using the Corsair K70 keyboard the modifier keys wouldn't work while clicking the mouse buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back