Contribute
Register

Success: GA-Z170X-UD5, i7-6700K, EVGA GTX970, Skylake iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go Steam - it saves everything in the cloud and you can play in MacOS and in Windows if you want or on other machines if you have some.

I went with GA-Z170X-UD5-TH (no UD5 version where I live), some corsair ballistic RAM and i6700k - I took cooler master hyper evo 212 with it.
By the way you mention "10. Copy SSDT for Power Mangagement file “SSDT-i7-6700K.aml” to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/" - where should I copy it from? :)

Did you try to reset the dock defaults?
It works! And I don't have problems with the Dock :/

I would go Steam - it saves everything in the cloud and you can play in MacOS and in Windows if you want or on other machines if you have some.

I went with GA-Z170X-UD5-TH (no UD5 version where I live), some corsair ballistic RAM and i6700k - I took cooler master hyper evo 212 with it.
By the way you mention "10. Copy SSDT for Power Mangagement file “SSDT-i7-6700K.aml” to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/" - where should I copy it from? :)

Did you try to reset the dock defaults?
I must have forgotten to add the file. It's attached now!

I tried deleting the dock plist file and running killall Dock in terminal. Still nothing :(

I am trying to find a way to migrate everything over to a new user. If theres no easy way, I might as well do a clean install.

It works! And I don't have problems with the Dock :/
Awesome!!! Did you have any troubles? What case are you using?

I tried deleting the dock plist file and running killall Dock in terminal. Still nothing :(

I am trying to find a way to migrate everything over to a new user. If theres no easy way, I might as well do a clean install.

Sorry bro, just finished with the Migration Assistant.

Everything works perfectly, Capture One and Photoshop are blazing fast, me happy :)
I am using my old Carbide 300r, was kind of worried that Evo 212 would not fit in, but it fit exactly in :D almost touching the case from the inside. Pretty nice cooler, even under load is still running at 50 degrees max. I prolly will overclock this thing in upcoming weeks.

In my next plans is to by NZXT case and migrate to RX480 videocard :)

Oh wait, no.

So couple of issues:
  1. Sleep doesn't work - it sleeps for a second, than starts again - darkwake 0 doesn't work. I suspect this can be because of my Wifi/bluetooth adapter, but i'll need to check
  2. Also there are squeeking noises coming from the speakers on boot - do you have them as well?

Oh wait, no.

So couple of issues:
  1. Sleep doesn't work - it sleeps for a second, than starts again - darkwake 0 doesn't work. I suspect this can be because of my Wifi/bluetooth adapter, but i'll need to check
  2. Also there are squeeking noises coming from the speakers on boot - do you have them as well?
1. Try darkwake 8. I am using a native apple wifi/bluetooth pcie card and I found darkwake 0 worked fine for me.
2. Do the sounds on boot come through when using headphones?

1. Try darkwake 8. I am using a native apple wifi/bluetooth pcie card and I found darkwake 0 worked fine for me.
2. Do the sounds on boot come through when using headphones?
1. I tried darkwake 8 and 0 with no success. I have BCM943602CS card connected to the pcie4 slot
I just tried with darkwake 0 and ERP on but still no success.
2. The sounds on boot come when I'm using the speakers connected to the rear green port.

The solution to the sound problem was to change the port to the "black" one on the rear.

Gonna research sleep issue today/tomorrow, then overclock :)

Just FYI, I've used this guide to build a similar system (thanks sunnyj!). Overclocked to 4.8GHz using the Corsair Hydro Series H60 and it's running stable on Windows 10 and Mac so you should be fine. Geekbench score below.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 17.53.27.png

Last edited:
Thank you for such an amazing

Thank you so much for your instruction! Please is there any other option to sort this out than do it from another mac in

Thank you so much for your instruction! Please is there any other option to sort this out than do it from another mac on the same network? i do not have one:(

Do you have an iPad or iPhone? If you do then you can use the VNC Viewer App (download from the App Store) to do this. Follow the instructions in this link and you should be able to connect.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/ipad/view-pc-or-mac-screen-on-ipad-iphone-3613795/

sunnyj's Build: GA-Z170X-UD5 - i7-6700K GTX 970

Hi, I want build a pc like yours can I you start a new conversation to ask you some things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back