Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (Rev 1.0) + i7-6700K + GTX 560 Ti + Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello JMacIV. Your mobo have Creative® Sound Core 3D chip, but in you guide you said that you checked in multibeast ''Realtek 100 series audio fix''. Not understand how this would work?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Sorry for disappearing.... Life happened, got busy. But I came back! ha

Good news - The rig has been running great all of this time.

Just upgraded to 10.12.5 tonight. Was still on 10.12.3.

For those interested, here are the steps I took:
  1. Download new drivers for NVIDIA card
    1. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-5-378-05-05-15.222102/
  2. Update using Mac App Store
    1. Upon reboot, boot using the nvda disable flag
  3. Install new NVIDIA Drivers
    1. When it prompts you to reboot, don't. Instead run AGDP Fix. Then let it reboot.
    2. Do we still need to do that? I haven't been active in the community since my last posts in this thread. So not sure if we are still doing that, but I did it anyways. It worked.
  4. Download MultiBeast 9.1
    1. I still had 9.0.1, figured I would grab some updates.
  5. Options in MultiBeast
    1. Drivers Section
      1. Miscellaneous
        1. All 3 FakeSMC options
      2. Nothing else since everything was installed from before.
    2. Bootloaders Section
      1. Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot + Emulated NVRAM
        1. Should already have this NVRAM stuff from before if you followed my guide, but I let it write over it.
    3. Run the Build
  6. Use KextBeast to install CodecCommander and AppleHDA to S/L/E

So far, everything is running great. Ethernet is cooking, sleep is working, video is working. Haven't tested anything else.

Hello JMacIV. Your mobo have Creative® Sound Core 3D chip, but in you guide you said that you checked in multibeast ''Realtek 100 series audio fix''. Not understand how this would work?

I honestly can't tell you anymore why I did that. I think there was some reasoning behind it, but I cannot recall, it has been awhile. Feel free to be our guinea pig and try it without!

Hope everyone is well!

JMac

JMac- I have the exact same motherboard and CPU. I was able to use your USBInjectAll.kext copied to my EFI/clover/kext/other folder and I also put the SSDT-USB.aml in my ACPI/patched
It did manage to fix both of my front USB 3.0 ports but the speeds aren't as fast as the 3.0 ports on the back.
I'm getting Up to 5 Gb/sec on the back and only Up to 480 Mb/sec on both of the front USB 3.0 ports.

Also, only one of the USB 2.0 ports works on the front. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for posting those files last year, it helped me SO MUCH get my USB ports working.

JMac - thanks SO much for the guide! It worked like a charm.

Benjamin - I have the same issues. Here are my initial thoughts:
1. My front ports are connected to the internal USB 3.0 headers, which is using a 3rd party USB controller (not Intel). The guide that JMac followed (and his fixes) are only meant for Intel USB - according to this page, 3rd party USB is a lot harder to solve. So, I'm not sure if we can get the front ports working at full speeds.
2. If I'm following that guide correctly, part of the process is to identify which ports are which and remove unused ports. So I think that JMac's SSDT-USB.aml file does that, and in our case, somehow disables one of the front ports. I'm going to try to generate a new SSDT file to see if I can keep all ports enabled (but will take a few days to understand how to do that properly :)

Have any of you with rev 1.0 ga-z170x gaming 7 boards gotten onboard sound working in fully patched High Sierra 10.13.4?

Do the Kexts and guides from earlier in this thread still apply to the Creative 3D Sound Core audio hack?

Thanks for any help,
C

@Haole

I can confirm the audio works with JMACs audio guide. I am on the following:

High Sierra : 10.13.6
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K SkyLake 4.0GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
Graphics: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980Ti 6GB
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400MHz
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB
Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 16x Blu-Ray Rewriter
WiFi Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800