Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (Rev 1.0) + i7-6700K + GTX 560 Ti + Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news! Left my Hack on overnight after setting standby=0 and this morning, it was sleeping still. No continual reboot. Just tapped the power button and it woke right up. We are making progress! I will edit my instructions up top to add that later today. I didn't change the standbydelay this time. I figured I would test with just standby at 0 and it seemed to have worked.

Haven't verified if PowerNap is working yet, but it is at least enabled. I need to set up my email on this before can truly test.

My audio works fine after sleep. I had an issue a day or two ago, but that was resolved by reinstalling codec commander and HDA kexts. That problem was due to me reinstalling Sierra. I had somehow corrupted something to do with graphics after trying to get the Intel and Nvidia graphics working simultaneously. So reinstalled Sierra to fix that. Spoiler alert - don't try to get them both working simultaneously. Bad things will happen. ha.

I will have to think on your audio issue...
Good news here also! My comp did not wake up last night and I pressed power button.... and everything loaded fantastically. We are making excellent progress! I still lost my audio sadly.... I've been reading this article...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.151504/

I will post later today if I figure this out. I sadly have work soon and will be there all day so ill try to work on it as much as possible now and later tonight after work

Cheers JMAC! You da man!

Good news here also! My comp did not wake up last night and I pressed power button.... and everything loaded fantastically. We are making excellent progress! I still lost my audio sadly.... I've been reading this article...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-after-sleep-wake-realtek-alc-applehda-fixes.151504/

I will post later today if I figure this out. I sadly have work soon and will be there all day so ill try to work on it as much as possible now and later tonight after work

Cheers JMAC! You da man!
Before you sleep your comp and audio is working, run these two commands in terminal:
  1. kextstat|grep -y applehda
  2. kextstat|grep -y codeccommander
They both should spit out that those kexts are running.

Sleep the comp, then wake it and run the commands again.

I am assuming that upon wake, at least one of those is not running. That one of the kexts is not being loaded after sleep. That may be the track we need to check into.

Glad to hear that the standby fix worked for you too!

Before you sleep your comp and audio is working, run these two commands in terminal:
  1. kextstat|grep -y applehda
  2. kextstat|grep -y codeccommander
They both should spit out that those kexts are running.

Sleep the comp, then wake it and run the commands again.

I am assuming that upon wake, at least one of those is not running. That one of the kexts is not being loaded after sleep. That may be the track we need to check into.

Glad to hear that the standby fix worked for you too!
Hello JMAC,

I did as you said and my findings are.....

I ran the two commands before and after sleep (made sure audio was working before I started) and after sleep my audio was still not on. I attached what terminal said before and after my sleep. They both look the same. it seems as if the kexts are loading correctly.

Also, I believe PowerNap has to to something with dark wake settings. When I got to clover boot screen and press space bar.... I saw Disable PowerNap (darkwake=0) and it was checked.

Attachments

• Before Sleep.png
    Before Sleep.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 192
  • After Sleep.png
    After Sleep.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Hello JMAC,

I did as you said and my findings are.....

I ran the two commands before and after sleep (made sure audio was working before I started) and after sleep my audio was still not on. I attached what terminal said before and after my sleep. They both look the same. it seems as if the kexts are loading correctly.

Also, I believe PowerNap has to to something with dark wake settings. When I got to clover boot screen and press space bar.... I saw Disable PowerNap (darkwake=0) and it was checked.
I am mobile right now, so cannot check my Hack, but I believe that I did not have that HDAHardwareConfig. May have to look into that.

Are you still booting with darkwake=0?

You are correct, 0 means no PowerNap. Mine is booting and sleeping without any darkwage flag!

EDIT: I just got home and double checked my Hack, I definitely do not have that HDAHardwareConfig. I do not know if that is part of the problem?

EDIT 2: I came back to my comp from sleep and it had no audio... Restarted and it was fine. I'm reading your link and a few others. I let it sleep for awhile and the audio was fine the next time. This problem seems to be sporadic.

EDIT 3: I am working on a new SSDT for our systems. Will post when ready for testing.

EDIT 4: RehabMan's SSDT fix for this is over my head. Can't figure out how to make it work. New route is going to be patching Codec Commander kext. But bed time first. Will get back on it tomorrow.

Last edited:
I am mobile right now, so cannot check my Hack, but I believe that I did not have that HDAHardwareConfig. May have to look into that.

Are you still booting with darkwake=0?

You are correct, 0 means no PowerNap. Mine is booting and sleeping without any darkwage flag!

EDIT: I just got home and double checked my Hack, I definitely do not have that HDAHardwareConfig. I do not know if that is part of the problem?

EDIT 2: I came back to my comp from sleep and it had no audio... Restarted and it was fine. I'm reading your link and a few others. I let it sleep for awhile and the audio was fine the next time. This problem seems to be sporadic.

EDIT 3: I am working on a new SSDT for our systems. Will post when ready for testing.
Salutations JMAC,

I was booting with darkwake=0 but then I read this article:http://forum.tomhsiung.com/non-pharmacy-chat/anything-goes-here/684-how-to-enable-power-nap.html
Now I am using darkwake=10

I try to look up the hardware config and there isn't to much info on it. Will have to keep digging.

Sounds good JMAC. 1 day at a time! Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Thing....
I looked at your guide again and is your iMessage and FaceTime working? Mine has been working without any hiccups with my current config.

1 Thing....
I looked at your guide again and is your iMessage and FaceTime working? Mine has been working without any hiccups with my current config.
Hey man,

I'm looking into this sound thing. Still confused by it. It's still sporadic. Mine has woken from sleep a few times today and has had sound most of the time. I posted on another forum to the guy who created our AppleHDA kext, so maybe we will get a hit there.

Glad to hear your iMessage and Facetime are working! Haven't tested FaceTime, but my iMessage bounces in and out. Sometimes it works great. Others it doesn't register with the servers for some reason.

1 Thing....
Hey Kyle,

Are you still having the sound issues? I haven't had them since I did that one day. I got a response in the other forum and they suggested to try deleting codec commander. I haven't tried it yet since my sound has been working fine since then. I would think that if you delete, should probably rebuild kext cache afterwards. Worth a shot if you are still having issues!

Hey Kyle,

Are you still having the sound issues? I haven't had them since I did that one day. I got a response in the other forum and they suggested to try deleting codec commander. I haven't tried it yet since my sound has been working fine since then. I would think that if you delete, should probably rebuild kext cache afterwards. Worth a shot if you are still having issues!
Hello JMAC

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

This week has been hectic and I have not been at home much due to work. I am still having the audio issue when sleep happens. I will try to delete my codec commander and ll let you know what happens.

Also, have you been looking into HDMI audio at all? And also what darkwake are you using for your power nap?

EDIT1: I tried getting my HDMI audio to work via https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.184867/

I can see my monitor under the list of audio devices but the volume is grayed out. Still need to do some research.

Cheers JMAC

Last edited:
Hello JMAC

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

This week has been hectic and I have not been at home much due to work. I am still having the audio issue when sleep happens. I will try to delete my codec commander and ll let you know what happens.

Also, have you been looking into HDMI audio at all? And also what darkwake are you using for your power nap?

EDIT1: I tried getting my HDMI audio to work via https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.184867/

I can see my monitor under the list of audio devices but the volume is grayed out. Still need to do some research.

Cheers JMAC
Hey Kyle,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I have been out of town and just got back in today. So have been away from the Hack and constant internet access....

How did deleting CodecCommander work? Very curious to see.

Still not using any darkwake boot flags. Letting the system do its thing with Standby and Hibernate set to 0 (if I remember correctly).

I haven't tried to use HDMI audio yet. My monitors are hooked up via DVI, so no sound. Plus, I use my Logitech speakers. I will look into that tonight and see if I can point you in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back