i9-9900x
Graphics
W5700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've researched a lot and so many contributors helped me.

I will try making a easy smooth guide for Gaming Series MOBO with Skylake Cpu.

Sorry, my English is so bad but I will try the best as I can.

The Build Spec

1 x i7 6700k

1 x ASUS Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12

1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000

1 x GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

1 x Rosewill Photon-1050, PHOTON Series 1050W

1 x Corsair Hydro Series™ H110i GTX 280mm

Working:

Everything excepting usb3.1c and Apple audio control UI(Sound working but just cannot control the sound strength by UI)
P.S Thunderbolt function not tested.

Installation

A. Required apps and files

Apps: Clover Configurator, Kextbeast or other apps for kext installing.
Files: Attached folder.

You need at least a machine which has working OS X.

1. Make a USB Clover installer w/ the regular guide for El Capitan

2. After you have install USB, replace folder in the USB to my attached folder.
For this step, You need to use Clover configurator app to mount your USB EFI.
So open the app and in tool's section click "Mount EFI". Click "Check Partition". After you check the USB's disk number (i.e figured by disk's size.), Click "Mount EFI Partition" and click the corrected disk number. Now your USB mounted!

3. Now in finder, you can see EFI mounted. Click it and Delete or back up your EFI folder. Move 'First EFI' folder and change the folder name 'EFI'. So now you have new EFI in you USB w/o any coding. :))

B. Bios setting.

For smooth installation, we need to update bios to newer version(in my case, F6 is the newest) and change settings.

1. Please go to Gigabyte site and download the newest bios driver and store it in the USB.

2. Q-flash and update bios driver using the downloaded file in the USB. Reboot again and then into bios setup, you now should see bios version changed.

3. Now change the bios setting like below:

a. Default (short key is f7)
b. XHCI Hand-off(Enable)/ Super IO Configuration(Disable)/ VT-D(disable)/ IOAPIC Entry(Disabled).

4. Now good to go installation.

Note. It could need some change graphic setting depend on your own graphic card installed. I haven't any problem with my AMD card. And after installation, I applied new EFI folder for all functions working including GPU.

Post Installation

1. Boot with your USB and select the installed OS X drive.

a. Open Clover configurator again, mount your OS X.(Just in case eject your USB before this proceed)
b. Click EFI. Remove EFI folder and add 'Second EFI' attached and rename it 'EFI'
c. In the EFI/Clover/Kexts/ install all kexts by kextbeast or other apps.

2. You might need to change the GPU setting for your own GPU. Again, mine is AMD, so if you have Nvidia you should change Config setting and install new driver for that.(I think you can find it very easy in this site.)

3. Important fix for overrides boot list whenever you reboot the computer issue.

So please go to this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/181720-boot-entries-duplicate-clover-boot.html#post1174987

4. Now good to go boot with new OS X!!

Note. if you have an error during booting, just use your bootable USB for boot with Verbose mode.

Ok, this is everything I know so far.

I am noob of this world. I am not a programer or whatever geek for computer. So please understand me if I made any mistakes for this guide. And please ask me anything if you have questions.

Thank you!!

I am always appreciated for all your supports in this site!!

Credit to not only limited to specific people who find this amazing routes but also anyone helped me!!

Joe.

P.S. if you founded a method, how to use Apple audio UI working and USB3.1, please let me know!

Attachments

• EFI replacement.zip
    24.8 MB · Views: 1,113
Last edited:
I am so happy!!

For Final Cut Pro X: Bruce's Benchx test showed me just 12sec for buying 5k output.

So fast and Smoothing.

R9 390 is working very fine for my single monitor,

I am not sure about double monitor system.(Probably not working still)

Good luck !!

Joe

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 1.07.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 1.07.58 PM.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 657
Clover should be legacy or UEFI. And I followed your steps "thank you for the explanation" but every time i start booting the clover i gut this screen
image.jpg

Clover should be legacy or UEFI. And I followed your steps "thank you for the explanation" but every time i start booting the clover i gut this screen
View attachment 169478

Hi,

Of course it is UEFI!!

Be make it sure the bios setting before you go to install.

Exact bios setting is the key for installation..

Joe

And that screen is...Clover option screen...did you install El capitan?

Yeah sorry im noob in this world..i put it to the drive "i made two partitions" one for the installer and the other for clover files...when i reach boot up screen i choos os x el captain installation but then apple screen boots till the midle and then the pc restart ,is their something wrong
thank you very much
image.jpg

sorry form being annoying, but one more thing i used these boot flags and it didn't work,

"-x -v nv_disable =1" also i tried "-x -v -GraphicsEnabler=No" but yet it freeze in this screen
IMG_0597.jpg

sorry form being annoying, but one more thing i used these boot flags and it didn't work,

"-x -v nv_disable =1" also i tried "-x -v -GraphicsEnabler=No" but yet it freeze in this screen
View attachment 169555

Ok, my solution for installation is Take out your Nvidia GPU first. And try it with USB w/o any boot flags.

If you think your bios and boot USB setting are good to go (should be like mine from the instruction), you will not have any problem.

When you get in the installation screen(it might be take little bit longer than normal booting) your are 90%done.

The only thing you should figure out is Nvidia Graphic installation. Other post installation is the same from my step.

Try it.

Joe.

Oh I guess you did install El Capitan.

Then, do take out your GPU and get the login screen.

When you get the desktop screen, do the step by step for making your El Capitan can boot itself.(do the 'Second EFI folder' step)

And when you get boot itself stage, you will need Nvidia kext install for you GPU. When you done everything install, you good to go with your GPU.

Good luck!

Joe.

yeah man thank you so much for begin so informative, i mean yo saved me i have been looking for a way to get it done "and you just made it all come true"thank you :D. i install el Captain and the installation process was flowless. but the thing is about clover configurator i mean i coped your file(second EFI) after i mount it then i edit the graphic part by change it to "inject nvidia" also i changed in the boot option where i added argu"nvda_drv=1", then i clicked save "i wanna ask you here the EFI file where it should be located, i mean where should i mount it in the beginning?".

also anther thing i moved kextbeast to the desktop and i run it but every time i do that the system crash after i done the installation, did i done anything wrong?. the last thing how can i save the kextbeast file to the location you typed
""c. In the EFI/Clover/Kexts/ install all kexts by kextbeast or other apps.""

thank you so much man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back