Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-x99-ud4, 5820k, 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Just a few tips for you guys that have issues migrating to 10.11.4. I have a system running 10.11.3 without issues but it looks that 10.11.4 made the life a little harder for x99 owners
So let me share how I finally made it running on my system
1. MB - GA-x99-ud4, BIOS F20
2. CPU - 5820k,
3. GPU - AMD 290x Lighting

I will skip the usual steps in making the USB drive and will go directly to configuring it. First you will need 2 sets of configs - for the USB to boot from and do the install, and then the HDD config to boot from the drive without USB drive

It is VERY important to install clover r3368 (on the USB drive of course) with selected ONLY the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (include all themes to make the UI good looking). Then copy Test2.efi into the same location as OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Test2.efi improves the chances that the system will boot from the drive (without it you may need to reboot several times and get luck to not have memory allocation errors).
In addition to this copy the kext files from attachment and also copy the config.plist
Boot from the USB drive and do the installation - the config.plist is with enabled verbose to track the boot process (during the boot you must see several ++++++++++++++++++ - this indicates that you have successfully skipped the memory issues - if not reboot and retry - using Test2.efi significantly reduce the boot attempts)

Then do the install on a drive. Once install is done install the same version of clover on your HDD drive use the other zip file to update the EFI (the zip file contains more kext, the same EFI files, updated config.plist and some SSDT.aml fixes). SSDT fixes are not must have so you can skip them.

All those files are not mine - I just reused them from several threads and all credits for them should go to the authors but I really do not remember them.

What is not working - on board audio...so use some USB sound card

Hi Sunnan,

You mentioned to use a USB sound card as alternative to get the Audio working and was wondering will any sound card work or does it need to be one that has its own driver to install?...

Many thanks

Noodlez

Hi Sunnan,

You mentioned to use a USB sound card as alternative to get the Audio working and was wondering will any sound card work or does it need to be one that has its own driver to install?...

Many thanks

Noodlez

Usually all "cheap" (price range 5-15 $) USB cards will work (based on C-Media). I have 2 external USB sound cards - 1 Berlinger 222 (something like this - a red box) and Ausu u7 (I think) both works in MacOS without issues (but the Asus have issues in W10 so better to avoid it). Actually I managed to run my onboard audio card using Voodoo HDA 2.8.8 - I use the optical digit output to feed an external receiver. It is a little tricky but at the end I managed to run even the microphone and the digital output (I believe that the other outputs may work also) - I you want I can share config images of the Voodoo control panel.

I see you have v 1.1 of the MB. I should say that I am very happy with F22 bios for mine (v.1.0) It solved dual GPU issue and now I am "almost" able to boot Sierra with my "broken x290". Can you help me with nVidia setup? I am trying to put one very old 8600 GTX (with only 2 DVI - imagine how old it is) but I constantly get reboots. What I have to do - use nv_disable=1? Is this card supported by nVidia Web drivers (I am AMD boy and never booted hack with nVidia so any clue will be helpful)
Thanks

Ok thanks for you advice.

I did try VoodooHDA a while back but was getting crackles every so often so I used Toledo's AppleHDA instead.

From what I can find on the Nvidia 8600 GT I don't see any supported web drivers available and it seems the 8600 GT was quite problematic going back to Mavericks and Lion..

You could try GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRoot=1 -v

I wish I could be of better help... Hope you manage to get it sorted!

Cheers
Nooldez

Hi all
Just a few tips for you guys that have issues migrating to 10.11.4. I have a system running 10.11.3 without issues but it looks that 10.11.4 made the life a little harder for x99 owners
So let me share how I finally made it running on my system
1. MB - GA-x99-ud4, BIOS F20
2. CPU - 5820k,
3. GPU - AMD 290x Lighting

I will skip the usual steps in making the USB drive and will go directly to configuring it. First you will need 2 sets of configs - for the USB to boot from and do the install, and then the HDD config to boot from the drive without USB drive

It is VERY important to install clover r3368 (on the USB drive of course) with selected ONLY the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (include all themes to make the UI good looking). Then copy Test2.efi into the same location as OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Test2.efi improves the chances that the system will boot from the drive (without it you may need to reboot several times and get luck to not have memory allocation errors).
In addition to this copy the kext files from attachment and also copy the config.plist
Boot from the USB drive and do the installation - the config.plist is with enabled verbose to track the boot process (during the boot you must see several ++++++++++++++++++ - this indicates that you have successfully skipped the memory issues - if not reboot and retry - using Test2.efi significantly reduce the boot attempts)

Then do the install on a drive. Once install is done install the same version of clover on your HDD drive use the other zip file to update the EFI (the zip file contains more kext, the same EFI files, updated config.plist and some SSDT.aml fixes). SSDT fixes are not must have so you can skip them.

All those files are not mine - I just reused them from several threads and all credits for them should go to the authors but I really do not remember them.

What is not working - on board audio...so use some USB sound card

I could not in any way with the configuration: Msi x99a godlike gamming 32gb ram R7 250 only for audio studio Sound Blaster Z ssd m.2 850 evo 2 1 partitions with Windows 8.1 and other free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back