Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X99-UD4 F22
CPU
i7-5820k
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Hi all
Just a few tips for you guys that have issues migrating to 10.11.4. I have a system running 10.11.3 without issues but it looks that 10.11.4 made the life a little harder for x99 owners
So let me share how I finally made it running on my system
1. MB - GA-x99-ud4, BIOS F20
2. CPU - 5820k,
3. GPU - AMD 290x Lighting

I will skip the usual steps in making the USB drive and will go directly to configuring it. First you will need 2 sets of configs - for the USB to boot from and do the install, and then the HDD config to boot from the drive without USB drive

It is VERY important to install clover r3368 (on the USB drive of course) with selected ONLY the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (include all themes to make the UI good looking). Then copy Test2.efi into the same location as OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Test2.efi improves the chances that the system will boot from the drive (without it you may need to reboot several times and get luck to not have memory allocation errors).
In addition to this copy the kext files from attachment and also copy the config.plist
Boot from the USB drive and do the installation - the config.plist is with enabled verbose to track the boot process (during the boot you must see several ++++++++++++++++++ - this indicates that you have successfully skipped the memory issues - if not reboot and retry - using Test2.efi significantly reduce the boot attempts)

Then do the install on a drive. Once install is done install the same version of clover on your HDD drive use the other zip file to update the EFI (the zip file contains more kext, the same EFI files, updated config.plist and some SSDT.aml fixes). SSDT fixes are not must have so you can skip them.

All those files are not mine - I just reused them from several threads and all credits for them should go to the authors but I really do not remember them.

What is not working - on board audio...so use some USB sound card

Attachments

• usb_boot.zip
    173.7 KB · Views: 997
  • hdd_boot.zip
    319 KB · Views: 846
Nice to post this up, mate!

Hi Sunman,

My system:
Asus X-99 Pro USB 3.1
Intel I7 5820K
32GB G skill ddr 4 3200
Nvidia GTX 970

After a lot of googling and reading, my Mac Pro 6.1 runs fine with everything working on 10.05
Some days ago, i had install on the second SSD the OS 10.11 and than upgrade by Apple Store to 10.11.04 and one more time, the OS runs fine, graphics D.Port 4K (nvidia web drivers), sound on board like a champ by last Voodoohda edited by me to have a clear sound without input noise, on-board network, some usb 2.0 (not all) and some usb3.0 (not all). Hi-FI and Bluetooth on board not working and i am thinking cood be an USB port issue.
I will try your zip files on clover asap, but my question is, did your system have the wi-fi, bluetooth 4.0 and all USBs 2 and 3 working?
Thanks

Just a suggestion on your audio issue: download and install voodoohda kext - it's a binary so don't worry about s/l/e install as the binary installer will do everything for you. This solved all my audio issues on x99m asrock fatality usb 3.1 mobo with 5820k i7.

Edit - Maybe its just because I'm paranoid but I will never load a kext in S/L/E now because I've now bricked my system twice by doing so. I load all of them in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.10 or 10.11 so I can jump back to my usb stick to boot if necessary.

Last edited:
Update - clean install with 10.11.5 using the same kext and config.plist (clover 3543)
On board audio works with VoodooHDA - see attachment for correct configuration

Attachments

• onBoardAuido.zip
    3 MB · Views: 294
Hi Sunman,

My system:
Asus X-99 Pro USB 3.1
Intel I7 5820K
32GB G skill ddr 4 3200
Nvidia GTX 970

After a lot of googling and reading, my Mac Pro 6.1 runs fine with everything working on 10.05
Some days ago, i had install on the second SSD the OS 10.11 and than upgrade by Apple Store to 10.11.04 and one more time, the OS runs fine, graphics D.Port 4K (nvidia web drivers), sound on board like a champ by last Voodoohda edited by me to have a clear sound without input noise, on-board network, some usb 2.0 (not all) and some usb3.0 (not all). Hi-FI and Bluetooth on board not working and i am thinking cood be an USB port issue.
I will try your zip files on clover asap, but my question is, did your system have the wi-fi, bluetooth 4.0 and all USBs 2 and 3 working?
Thanks

My board is without BT / WiFi
Currently I am very happy with it's performance in 10.11.5 (geek bench around 19000 on stock clocks with on board audio working - thanks to voodooHDA)

Update:
It looks like the kext and extra config (patching several kexts, disabling drivers, etc) in hdd_boot.zip is not needed anymore for good performance of the x99 + 5820 (stock clock). All that matters is the FakeCPUID and the CPU clock speed in config.plist - using only those I get performance equal to my Windows 10 installation - single core ~3200, multicore ~19000

Update - clean install with 10.11.5 using the same kext and config.plist (clover 3543)

Hi Sunman
Have you tried to do a clean install with 10.11.6 ? Would it work ?
Thanks

Hi all
Just a few tips for you guys that have issues migrating to 10.11.4. I have a system running 10.11.3 without issues but it looks that 10.11.4 made the life a little harder for x99 owners
So let me share how I finally made it running on my system
1. MB - GA-x99-ud4, BIOS F20
2. CPU - 5820k,
3. GPU - AMD 290x Lighting

I will skip the usual steps in making the USB drive and will go directly to configuring it. First you will need 2 sets of configs - for the USB to boot from and do the install, and then the HDD config to boot from the drive without USB drive

It is VERY important to install clover r3368 (on the USB drive of course) with selected ONLY the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (include all themes to make the UI good looking). Then copy Test2.efi into the same location as OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Test2.efi improves the chances that the system will boot from the drive (without it you may need to reboot several times and get luck to not have memory allocation errors).
In addition to this copy the kext files from attachment and also copy the config.plist
Boot from the USB drive and do the installation - the config.plist is with enabled verbose to track the boot process (during the boot you must see several ++++++++++++++++++ - this indicates that you have successfully skipped the memory issues - if not reboot and retry - using Test2.efi significantly reduce the boot attempts)

Then do the install on a drive. Once install is done install the same version of clover on your HDD drive use the other zip file to update the EFI (the zip file contains more kext, the same EFI files, updated config.plist and some SSDT.aml fixes). SSDT fixes are not must have so you can skip them.

All those files are not mine - I just reused them from several threads and all credits for them should go to the authors but I really do not remember them.

What is not working - on board audio...so use some USB sound card
how to use the file ... I'm newbie

Hi Sunman
Have you tried to do a clean install with 10.11.6 ? Would it work ?
Thanks

Yes it works
No issues with 10.11.6 - even succeeded to do dual graphics boot with this "hard to boot with multiple PCIe" MB (x99-ud4)
I will post more details about the config in Sierra thread - because I "almost" succeeded to boot with Sierra...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back