Contribute
Register

Success - GA-X58A-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a clean install and it went off without a hitch. Just make sure you loaded the correct dsdt for your bios version in multibeast and you should be all set. I'm on FH. Everything works, EVEN SLEEP!

Freejack, was there anything you did special to enable sleep to work? anything special in bios settings? I have all advanced CPU features enabled.

Thanks,
Tony.

Hi folks,

Gosh, it's been a long time since I posted, but this is for 2 main reasons - 1) I've been busy, shockingly so and 2) I've not had a reason to search for help. This second reason leads me to therefore post an update and again, thank the tonymacx86 community.

I built my machine back around Xmas 2010 and it is now 4 years old and has run WITHOUT a hiccup for that time. I have several drives in the machine, my main drive running Snow Leopard, another running Mountain Lion, another Windows 7 (or 8, I can't remember!) and a couple more - gosh, I can't even remember how I set this up....although the path I followed will be present throughout this site.

I've kept Snow Leopard as my main system as it's faultless and quick for what I need. The same can be said for ML, although there are some music creation apps that run better (for me) in SL. I have seen no need to move to Mavericks nor Yosemite, simply because I have a MacBook Pro, daughter and father running these, and frankly, a) these systems seem slower (they really lag in some cases), b) I don't see the point of making a computer appear to be a tablet/ipad and c) the consequential updates to software (even apps such as Mail, Safari and especially iTunes) keep me asking, why should I waste my time searching for the 'logic' in these new designs when it worked perfectly before? In other words, a big negative for the newer operating systems is that I find myself spending more time on Google trying to find out how to do perform, what were once, simple tasks.

So, in other words, I'm happy with my system, I am thinking about upgrading my GPU, and have purchased a new cooling system, but apart from that, all is good. However, I am still happy for someone to convince me that moving to Yosemite will double my productivity because I'm simply curious as to what upgrades fellow X58a-UD3r users have performed.

Hope you all had a great Xmas.

Be happy, free and safe.

Eco :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back