Contribute
Register

Success - GA-X58A-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest Chimera is already on the UniBeast USB isn't it?

It seems like every combination of this motherboard with different video card and RAM behaves completely differently.

EDIT: I tried switching back to my GTX 560 Ti and had the same problem. Decided to make a new Mountain Lion USB installer with Unibeast 3.0 and it worked find on both the GTX 560 Ti and the GTX 580. I noticed that between the Apple boot logo and the installer language selection screen it flashes to black before (I presume) it loads the Nvidia video driver for native resolution on my 2560x1440 monitor). This is where it does when I try to do the same with Mavericks. Instead it acts as if the cable had been unplugged and the monitor goes into energy savings mode. The caps lock key also no longer works which confirms that the system has locked up/crashed.

So, it seems that Mavericks won't install on this motherboard if you have an Nvidia card. Has anyone had success with either the GTX 560 or 580?

I also did a successful update, though I have one seemingly non-sensical problem: The Display Audio (ACD 27) doesn't work!

X58A-UD3R v2 FF, signal slot 5770, i7-950 -- used 889 audio option in MB 6.

USB headphones work. Audio jack on the computer works. And "Display Audio" is an option in System Preferences > Sound... but if I click on it it won't highlight.

Bizarre. I would think that the display audio should work without any kind of additional drivers/kexts.

Any thoughts?

Besides that all is good-- ~4ghz overclock and all.

So and update on this. It's very strange, but display audio and CPU temp sensors work fine in my secondary install, but not my primary. No idea why, but very frustrating. I really don't want to have to do a totally clean install-- specially not knowing if it will help.

In any case, I made a separate thread to discuss this if anyone has suggestions or similar issues: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/113026-no-acd-27-audio-after-update.html

I'm having trouble resetting the CMOS. I will install the kext from multibeast that solves it, to see if the problem goes away.

I've had the same challenge as you've described. I have the GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 BIOS FH.

Even followed some recommendations from other posts to use Chimera boot flags "-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1" to no avail.

Then again I have a few really odd observations while in the Chimera boot menu of the UniBeast 3.0 device: the KB response is super slow and goofy. If I type normal speed it will start omitting characters for keys that were pressed. If I press shift key only once it gets shift-lock persisted, making it impossible to press "=" (it displays "+") or use case-sensitive flags like "-f" vs. "-F". So I attempted to slowly & deliberately type in "-x -f -v graphicsenabler=yes" but didn't appear to change the boot hang prior to going into the GUI. Then again, it may have ignored the lower-case GraphicsEnabler option altogether if it's really case sensitive. Also chose "Legacy USB Support" option when creating the UniBeast 3.0 USB flash drive without success.

Is anyone else with this version board and BIOS experiencing these issues?

Thanks in advance

I got the GA-x58a-ud3R rev. 2. I use it with a standard DSDT and an old GTX 280 and I never had any problems since I bought the motherboard... The secret to my config is GE=yes and USBFix=yes. It's not the fastest but very stable.

hi, I have the same mother as you one (Gigabyte X58A-UD3R) card.
To install mavericks, what you put as an option in MultiBeast 6?

Excuse my English speaking.

Thank you.

No success for me.

I tried literally dozens of times, even removing one of my GTX 580's to make sure that video isn't the problem.
No matter what I do, it crashes at the Apple logo during boot and the screen goes blank.. It doesn't even reset the PC.

Verbose mode doesn't explain much either. The BlueTooth gets started even if I unplug my USB BT adapter. Attached is the last screen I see in verbose mode before the crash.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Michal

P.S. I tried safe mode too and it made no difference. Mountain Lion had no such problems installing.

Hi, I have the same problem !
I do a clean install, after the "apple logo" , i have a black screen.:banghead:
Attached is the last screen I see in verbose mode before the crash.
Config : Intel i7 930 + Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1. F7 + Nvidia GTS 450.
I need help too ! thanks you.

Regards,
Romux

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 240
Try this. It worked for me this morning, and was only necessary for the install. Booting from the HDD didn't require these options.

First get the DSDT for the mono that matches your bios and stick it in Extras on the USB install drive (create the directory)

DSDT=/Extras/DSDT.aml GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 USBFix=Yes

Now I am pretty sure that not all those options are required, but it worked for me and I didn't bother checking if I needed them all.

Good luck!

Regards,
Michal

I had some mixed results after Maverick update. I have 2 computers with the same boards, the difference is 1 has ATI video card with SSD hard drive and is running great, the other one has a Geforce GTX 670 2GB with normal SATA hard drive and it has been freezing/locking up without console logs several times a day. Not sure what is causing it, probably drivers issues with Maverick since it was fine with Mountain Lion. Deep inside I blame it on the Nvidia card, but I can't say for sure.

@justruss - I'm not sure about the ACD27 you are talking about, but sounds like you want sound through your HDMI? If it is I can offer my patched DSDT with enabled sound attached on this post. My bios is FF though and the video card is sitting on the slot closer to the processor. Don't forget to backup your old DSDT in the /Extra folder. After you replace it, restart the computer and check if you have HDMI sound. If not then follow toleda HDMI sound guide for series 5 on Maverick.

@eric76 - I'm attaching a ".mb" file that you can load to your Multibeast 6.0 by clicking on upload on the upper right of the program with the settings that I have chosen before. Don't forget to have your DSDT or use mine if your bios is FF.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    20.4 KB · Views: 231
  • lutechi.mb
    4.8 KB · Views: 221
I'll test
thank you very much

my bios is the FH. (ver 2,0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back