Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed the unibeast 3.0 guide to the T. I had a nicely working ML install for some time but decided to try Mavericks on the spare drive which is a clone of my ML disk. Everything seems to work fine, I did't have to anything for special startup parameters.

The only thing I can't speak to is if sound works. I use a $7 usb sound card after getting sick of fussing with the ALC889 card.

Good luck!

-RGB

Edit: I forgot to mention that I upgraded my ML to Mavericks although I don't think there would be any difference if you do a clean install.

had a working ML install, did the upgrade using the simple procedure and i got everything working using Pre-made DSDT from here+alc889.so i have internet, audio, graphics. all except (how important) the boot loader...
i can confirm multubeast did the job for installing sound driver but i can boot only with the UniBeast USB...
when i remove it and try booting from the HD i get the old boot loader screen and a "cannot find mach/kernel" (or something like that) error.
i searched a little bit and set the "allow apps downloaded from" to Anywhere and still no luck.
please advise :)
my rig
X58A-UD3R rev.01 +i7 930 +GTX 660Ti+Kingston 12 gbram

Sadly I'm not having the same success.

A) I tried to perform an upgrade straight from the AppStore. That didn't work; my computer just restarted without installing anything.

B) I tried the Unibeast method (as per the main Mavericks guide on this site), but my machine hung up just before Chimera appeared (Verfying Pool Data).

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Please help.

GA-X58A-UD3R
Intel i7 960
Radeon 5770

I did a clean install and it went off without a hitch. Just make sure you loaded the correct dsdt for your bios version in multibeast and you should be all set. I'm on FH. Everything works, EVEN SLEEP!

Guys,

I have an X58A-UD5 I'm trying to work with.

Can I ask what Multibeast settings you used?

Thanks,
David

I also did a successful update, though I have one seemingly non-sensical problem: The Display Audio (ACD 27) doesn't work!

X58A-UD3R v2 FF, signal slot 5770, i7-950 -- used 889 audio option in MB 6.

USB headphones work. Audio jack on the computer works. And "Display Audio" is an option in System Preferences > Sound... but if I click on it it won't highlight.

Bizarre. I would think that the display audio should work without any kind of additional drivers/kexts.

Any thoughts?

Besides that all is good-- ~4ghz overclock and all.

No success for me.

I tried literally dozens of times, even removing one of my GTX 580's to make sure that video isn't the problem.
No matter what I do, it crashes at the Apple logo during boot and the screen goes blank.. It doesn't even reset the PC.

Verbose mode doesn't explain much either. The BlueTooth gets started even if I unplug my USB BT adapter. Attached is the last screen I see in verbose mode before the crash.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Michal

P.S. I tried safe mode too and it made no difference. Mountain Lion had no such problems installing.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 559
I have the same board. I had to update my Chimera to 2.2.1 to get it to install, after that just troubleshooting some minor problems (AGPM patching, updating software, etc).

I have the same board. I had to update my Chimera to 2.2.1 to get it to install, after that just troubleshooting some minor problems (AGPM patching, updating software, etc).

Only problem I have that is giving my problems is that it will not restart/shutdown. When I choose these options it will go to a blank white screen and hang there. Need to check my logs to find the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back