Contribute
Register

SUCCESS - GA-P55-USB3 rev 2 F9

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are welcome, we are all there want to help you out.

Just a remind

The DSDT copy to your USB detail more way I can give you is..

If your USB name "USBA"

Then in your finder, Press keyboard "APPLE + SHIFT + GO" It will show you a text box

you must enter like this

/Volumes/USBA/Extra

or you can just enter /Vol + Press Keyboard "Tab" Key, it will auto help you input the full name if unknown, this way you can just type three word + "Tab" is done :thumbup:

This way will go to your USB stick's /Extra folder.

this is the different of the before I send you the How to install your DSDT tutorial. (This is for after installed OS X using.)

Glad to see this thread, I've been thinking of upgrading hardware on my machine, but I think I'm going to hold off another year or so and just upgrade my current box to Mavericks. Almost identical system specs to the original post.

Edit: Never mind, I got it to boot, but I had to do GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1, so completely the opposite of the original post. Installing now, let's see how it works.

For future reference: with GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0, when I boot from the USB stick, I get as far as the grey screen with the apple, see the progress wheel spin for a minute or so, then my monitor goes to sleep and the system appears to hang hard.

My current set-up is now GA-P55-USB3, i5 670, 8GB 1333 RAM, GTX 580

I'm using these settings in Multibeast:

Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 3.01.03 PM.png

This has everything working and has solved the wake from sleep issue I had.
Hope this might help someone else.

Attachments

• 3:2:14a.mb
    5.6 KB · Views: 170
Hi all,

I have a GA-H55-USB3 with i5 661, using the onboard Intel graphics card for HDMI output. BIOS version is F11 so I download Dsdt file corresponding to my BIOS version from this site and put it in /Extra.

When trying to boot into install screen, it always stops in the screen as attached. Got no good luck after using -x , GraphicsEnabler=No. Is this issue related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment or Bluetooth kext (I don't have Bluetooth hardware installed)

The USB install disk was created to install Mavericks on my vaio notebook and I just replace the Dsdt file for giga motherboard. Is this a possible cause to fail the installation?

The kext in /Extra/Extension of USB install disk are
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA
AppleACPIPlatform
AppleACPIPS2Nub
ApplePS2Controler
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
GenericUSBXHCI
IONetworkingFamily
NullCPUPowerManagement

============================================================================================
I created a new install disk for installation of the desktop and use the dsdt file(F11) from this web site, still got the same problem. Then I edited the dsdt file w/ EDID info injected, but nothing changed. Do I need to buy a graphic card instead of using built-in one? Does anyone succeed in installing 10.9 w/ built-in graphic card ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 172
First I want to say thanks, this finally got me past my problems. Here is what I learned.

I have the Gigabyte GA-55-USB3 Rev.1 F8
Core i7
8GB RAM
BFG nVidia GTX 280

I used Unibeast to create a Yosemite boot disk WITH USB legacy support (the first time I used without and had no keyboard/mouse control at the setup screen).

Used boot switches:
-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1
(Without the PCIRootUID=1 I would get the apple logo then it would go black and stop outputting video)

Finished install and then did the following configs in Multibeast:
UserDSDT - with my DSDT
Realtek ALC - ALC888 - Current (Rev 2 has has the 892 codec)
USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Realtek - lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v.0.0.90
TRIM Patch (if you are using an SSD)
Enable - Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/System/AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset (without this my BIOS settings kept getting reset every time I rebooted)
Under Customize > Boot Options I additionally added "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "PCI Root ID Fix"

Have this motherboard working well, except for USB 3.0. Non-hard drives in USB 3.0 work fine, but hard drives aren't recognized. Any ideas?

Can someone help me using this motherboard with sierra and nvidia graphics.
Installs fine but system keeps.reboting whole loading. Once in like 3-4 rebots it bots up succesfully.

I dont finx extra folder to puy the dsdt file i downloaded for my bios f9 version.

Any help would be apreciated.

Multibeast config would be nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back