Contribute
Register

Success GA-H61M-DS2 v.2.2 Board (GeForce 9800GT, i5 2500K, PCIe Airport Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H rev. 1.1
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 660; HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok I just upgraded to the i5 2500K. So here is the process to get this board GA-H61M-DS2 v.2.2 up and running.

1) Install using the Unibeast 1.5.2 method found on this site. Use boot flag PCIRootUID=0 if using an NVidia card for both install and first boot. (I am using a GeForce 9800 GT 1GB)
2) Now, you can use the DSDT file attached to this post. Make sure to put it on your desktop. I scoped google and used a patch from Olarila for a similar board so its not PERFECT but gets the job done (GA-H61M-S2V).
3) Run Multibeast and choose the following: USER DSDT; System Utilities; Unified Device Injector ALC8xxHDA; Patch AppleHDA ALC88b/887 v100302 (also make sure you install the kext from this post (Toleda is the man!) before you reboot - this will give you onboard audio - http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59061&start=140
4)Install 3rdPartySATA & TRIMEnabler (if you have a SSD HD, if not then skip this)
5)AppleRTC and Patch AppleIntelPowerManagement for 10.7.4 (you may not need this for sleep if you can boot native)
6) On Board LAN is Realtek 8111 so install Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx Ethernet Kext (helps you get App Store)
7) Choose SSDT if using an i5 or i7 processor

Choose iMac 12,1 as your profile

I am working on getting sleep and mirroring with AirPlay since I have an HD3000 processor. Hopefully more to come on that. Also you may not need the DSDT file for this board since it uses the UEFI BIOS - but I find my system runs a little smoother with DSDT than with EasyBeast. Also in the BIOS make sure you enable Turbo at 34 and EHCI is set to enabled.

A ton of thanks to SAMISNAKE (DSDT Editor tutorial), TOLEDA (ALC8xx Master) and of course TonyMac & MacMan - Another Donation is OTW!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.5 KB · Views: 684
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 687
Patch DSDT for Geforce 9800GT ???
Send me pls!!!

I tried this method but it didn't work for me.

GA-H61M-DS2V (F3)
Core i3-2100
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 450GTS
OCZ Agility SSD 120GB

Help?

Edit: I should be more clear in saying that I can get as far as Step 1. I can install ML via Unibeast, and get to the desktop with PCIRootUID=0. After that, installing Multibeast always results in a non-bootable drive.

Update: I am now bootable using MultiBeast 5.0.2 as long as I enter PCIRootUID=0 at the command line. Sound still doesn't work. QE/CL *seems* to be working, but not sure how I would check that--the UI doesn't seem choppy. To see the options I used after the Welcome screens, please see "MBeast Step 1"

Update 2: I was able to get audio working after using the AppleHDA kext linked in this thread. I used KextBeast to install it, with the kext placed on the desktop. I can't remember what settings were already picked in MultiBeast, unfortunately, but it was definitely one of the ALC887 options.

Attachments

• MBeast Step 1.png
    MBeast Step 1.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,068
Hi all,

Pardon my poor English,

I also have GA-H61M-DS2 v.2.2 board but other specs are different, is it possible for me to use your DSDT, other specs are Sandy-Bridge 2,4GZ, Kingston 4gb, Antec power supply 380W.

All the parts I`ve bought here in China and assembled by myself just to build OSx, now I installed Mountain Lion but I keep getting ACPI error all the time. I used DropDSDT=Yes boot flag and managed to boot in the system but have no mouse support, so I am wondering what I should do next, do an update, run Multibeast with DSDT, I don`t have a DSDT of my own,

Rgds to all!

Zoki

Also in the BIOS make sure you enable Turbo at 34

Hi,

I need some help with this one. can't seem to find it on the BIOS. Where is it located?

Thanks

Hi,

I've successfully installed Mac OSX on this Motherboard (F7 Bios, Rev 2.2), with a Core i7 2600k, Geforce GT220, and 8Gb Ram.
Follow method Iboot + Multibeast, and no DSDT was needed.

Installed Realtek Audio and LAN Kexts, and the geforce worked OOB.

In the EFI configured the SATA mode in AHCI.

The system is working flawessly with Pro Tools 9 HD.

I hope this helps someone. ;)

Ok I just upgraded to the i5 2500K. So here is the process to get this board GA-H61M-DS2 v.2.2 up and running.

1) Install using the Unibeast 1.5.2 method found on this site. Use boot flag PCIRootUID=0 if using an NVidia card for both install and first boot. (I am using a GeForce 9800 GT 1GB)
2) Now, you can use the DSDT file attached to this post. Make sure to put it on your desktop. I scoped google and used a patch from Olarila for a similar board so its not PERFECT but gets the job done (GA-H61M-S2V).
3) Run Multibeast and choose the following: USER DSDT; System Utilities; Unified Device Injector ALC8xxHDA; Patch AppleHDA ALC88b/887 v100302 (also make sure you install the kext from this post (Toleda is the man!) before you reboot - this will give you onboard audio - http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59061&start=140
4)Install 3rdPartySATA & TRIMEnabler (if you have a SSD HD, if not then skip this)
5)AppleRTC and Patch AppleIntelPowerManagement for 10.7.4 (you may not need this for sleep if you can boot native)
6) On Board LAN is Realtek 8111 so install Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx Ethernet Kext (helps you get App Store)
7) Choose SSDT if using an i5 or i7 processor

Choose iMac 12,1 as your profile

I am working on getting sleep and mirroring with AirPlay since I have an HD3000 processor. Hopefully more to come on that. Also you may not need the DSDT file for this board since it uses the UEFI BIOS - but I find my system runs a little smoother with DSDT than with EasyBeast. Also in the BIOS make sure you enable Turbo at 34 and EHCI is set to enabled.

A ton of thanks to SAMISNAKE (DSDT Editor tutorial), TOLEDA (ALC8xx Master) and of course TonyMac & MacMan - Another Donation is OTW!

you are the man you are the man you are the man :) Dude i'm newby about mac, during 1 week i was trying to install my sound card but with your guide now i've sound LoL :) thanks alot and god bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back