Contribute
Register

[Success] GA-G41MT-S2PT Rev 2.1 Mavericks 10.9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested the 9600 card 1 more time and it booted under windows 7, and it booted just fine... So what I did is rolled back to Mountain Lion and installed the cuda driver and the card works just fine.. So I decided to just leave it for the time being.. Beacuse my son has a Video project for his class.... Plus this is his Birthday present .. so time was a issue... Thank you so much Whiskey..... Hopefully once school is out.. you could help me try again....

I do have another build I'm working on that I'm Having Issues with, it's a newer Board but I cannot set up the Bios.... Looking at your profile you should know how about setting it up.. what I need to setup as far as the Bios for a Gigabyte motherboard settings... it is a gigabyte GA-H87-D3H.. Hopefully you know what I need to setup in my bios beacuse its a newer board and I do not know what to setup for it and I know most of the Bios are the same as far as the age of the board... If you could help me that t would be awesome... I know we do not have the same new motherboard but hopefully you could point me in the right direction....

God Bless... And Thank You So Much...........

Rob

Rob,
for your sons computer - if he is going to be using it - like actually using it to do work - I would stay on ML. I don't think apple will be updating the kernel on that OS anymore since Mavericks is out. Which means once you set it up with the latest update (10.8.5 I believe) all other updates shouldn't screw it up. I only tried mavericks to see if it could be done - but I had less issues with ML.

Your new board - search this site - there is a guide for bios of gigabyte boards - from what I remember you basically load optimize defaults and change 1 or 2 more settings - if its efi bios its even easier - search (I found 3 'success' on one search) around others with much more knowledge have posted guides. When I built my Z68 build I followed the another members posts and it booted on the first attempt! either way your 87 build will be a lot easier than your sons mainly because our sons boards are so much older and didn't have a efi bios. if you are unsure if you have a efi - google it

~~~something to be noted about gigabyte efi bios - when trying to get into the efi bios - only have the keyboard and mouse connected DIRECTLY to the mobo - and nothing else (including a hub, joystick etc...)....... otherwise you can get a blank bios screen and have no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back