1. 0
The Build:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
Intel i3-2105
Corsair 1033Mhz 2x4G Ram
Seagate Barracuda 500G 7200rpm drive
Hitachi Deskstar 2TB 7200rpm drive
Apevia X-Qpack2-NW-BK/500 Case

The system went together very smooth. I will say the case is crap. There are two case fans which keep the insides very cool. But it's not like it will be seen by anyone. It will be located in a closet. The machine will serve as a mini server for the house network.

The event started by downloading the Mountain Lion software. I then downloaded the latest Unibeast. I created the Unibeast install took about 20 or so to build to the USB stick.

The OS install went smooth. I rebooted the machine to the Unibeast USB stick then selected the hard drive to continue to the OS. I launched Multibeast. The was not a DSDT file for this board. I have attached my Multibeast settings.

I didn't want to buy a video card since I had the option to use the HD3000 video from the i3 chip. I followed these directions to get it to work.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html

It's a simple process. Edit two files located in /S/L/E/ - AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFrambufferCapri.kext
I used the command line program vi to edit these files. Once you edit these files, the directions say to run KextBeast. This places the edited files back into the system.

Rebooting the system I discovered a new problem. I got a "boot0" error. Upon further research, it seems manufactures have changed the block size to 4k. I read a guide to fix this issue.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
However it did not work for me. I used both methods they suggested but the result was the same. Upon further research, some people were suggesting using method 1 but add bs=4k at the end on the command. Then it was suggested to re-run Multibeast and select Chimera.

Rebooting the system i found everything worked. The system detected the HD300 video, USB3, network. I have since installed the Mountain Lion Server app and things are still performing very well.

I hope I didn't forget anything. Please let me know if I need to add something..... :)

Cheers....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-21 at 12.50.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-21 at 12.50.30 PM.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 9,574
Thanks a lot lmuser !:thumbup:
Sure it will help a lot of us, when coming to build our B75M with a SB processor.

I am about to order my parts.
I still feel hesitant to click "pay". It's a new adventure for me, in the hackintosh world.
I don't want to fail, but it's been 2 or 3 topics where there are success with the B75M and with an "old" core i3.

Could you please help this newbie figure out how to boot from USB?
I've got a GA-B75M-D3P motherboard too, i5-3570K, and installed Mountain Lion to USB with UniBeast following the instructions.
Have my BIOS set to optimized (press F7), and the harddisk is set to ACHI.

At boot I hit F12 to select boot device, I can select either the JetFlash Drive or UBS UBS HD, but for either one it won't get me to a boot screen, but it will act as if no valid boot device was selected... (it says select boot device or something).

I can get to the Mountain Lion Installation files if I use iBoot, but then after the grey screen with the Apple logo it gives 1 second of code on black screen, then something goes 'click' and the machine reboots.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back