Contribute
Register

[Success]GA-B250M-DS3H Big Sur installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the pink, or as I call it purple, is a common problem in MacOS. There is a patch script out there, but it didn't work for me on Mojave/Catalina. This is due to monitor EDID information passed back to MacOS upon initialization. I found a hack to force it from YPbPr color space to RGB color space to try and fix that issue, but so far it has been unsuccessful. I used Hackintool and it created the correct profile and resolution options kexts and fixed my issue in Mojave/Catalina with Clover... not sure how it will play out in Big Sur and OC. Search these forums for "purple"

Latest build of Hackintool with some Big Sur fixes...

Patching Connector Types​

I tried this and could not get it to work, maybe i´m missing something

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 6.05.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 6.05.35 PM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 6.06.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 6.06.39 PM.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 59

Patching Connector Types​

your hardware profile has no mention of Intel Graphics

your hardware profile has no mention of Intel Graphics
not sure what your saying, where? i listed in the start of the post

System specs

GA-B250M-DS3H
Intel® Core™ i5-7400 Processor
Intel 630
8gb ram
OpenCore-0.6.3

not sure what your saying, where? i listed in the start of the post

System specs

GA-B250M-DS3H
Intel® Core™ i5-7400 Processor
Intel 630
8gb ram
OpenCore-0.6.3
needs to be in your hardware profile or build signature please

1. Open Hackintool
2. Go to the Displays tab
3. Make the appropriate selections from the bottom section (check marks, pulldown, etc)
4. Click on the Export icon (page with Right Arrow on it), this will drop them on your desktop.

The idea is from this link, creating a new EDID inject. Instead of the script, I used Hackintool. It will generate several files on your desktop. A kext, some files mentioned in that link and about where they go... you will have to disable the security protocols to do it. Here is another link with a description on how to move it from terminal.

Again, these scripts didn't work for me, but using the Hackintool generated files with the instructions on how to move it from the links did. Then my purple on HDMI was fixed. This was on a clover system, so with OC, you will have to add the kext into your config.

needs to be in your hardware profile or build signature please
Ok, I’m using the gt710 was just trying to get the pink / purple tint from the intel 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back