Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rog Strix X99
CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
RX580
Hi friends !
For installation of High Sierra on Asus ROG STRIX -X99 with intel core i7-6850 ; Nvidia GTX graphics ;NVMe SSD you don't need to go through any complicated configurations ; just copy apple store's High Sierra installer package via terminal to a USB flash drive >>install latest Clover bootloader to the USB flash drive with UEFI (booting only) to create EFI partition on the flash drive.Copy my prepared EFI-Folder to that USB drive and replace it.
For the BIOS setting :
-In Advance mode >Load Optimized Defaults.
-Ai Tweaker> ASUS Multicore Enhancement-Disabled.
>Internal PLL Overvoltage Disabled.
-Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management Configuration\Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology - Disabled.
-Advanced\USB Configuration\EHCI Hand-Off - Disabled.
-Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\Serial Port Configuration\Serial Port - Off.
-Boot> Fast Boot-Disabled.
-Boot\CSM(Compatibility Support Mode> Launch CSM - Disabled.
-Boot\Secure Boot>OS Type -Other OS.
Hit F10 key and click OK.
Now Restart the computer with USB drive.
In clover boot manager hit the space on your keyboard , select -v and nv_disable=1
and click Enter.
After installation completed ,install clover bootloader to your NVMe SSD(or other SSD) the way you did for USB installer.
Replace the EFI folder of your OS drive with my prepared EFI folder and install Nvidia web driver for the GTX- Graphics.
All your onboard devices (except WiFi) will work perfectly.

Good Luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.7 MB · Views: 1,227
Hello :D Did you find anyway for WI-FI to work?

Ty in advance.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the efi just about everything works great. . How are you able to get sound to work? Also, does the bluetooth work for you?

First of all, thank you very much for your post ;)
Everything works like a charm... but my nvme SSD appears as an external drive (orange color).

Any ideas?

Have a nice day

Last edited:
Hi friends !
For installation of High Sierra on Asus ROG STRIX -X99 with intel core i7-6850 ; Nvidia GTX graphics ;NVMe SSD you don't need to go through any complicated configurations ; just copy apple store's High Sierra installer package via terminal to a USB flash drive >>install latest Clover bootloader to the USB flash drive with UEFI (booting only) to create EFI partition on the flash drive.Copy my prepared EFI-Folder to that USB drive and replace it.
For the BIOS setting :
-Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management Configuration\Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology - Disabled.
-Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\Serial Port Configuration\Serial Port - Off.
In clover boot manager hit the space on your keyboard , select -v and nv_disable=1
and click Enter.
After installation completed ,install clover bootloader to your NVMe SSD(or other SSD) the way you did for USB installer.
Replace the EFI folder of your OS drive with my prepared EFI folder and install Nvidia web driver for the GTX- Graphics.

Good Luck.
I have tried all the steps you have mentioned, but i can't go to Clover screen when i select the pendrive to boot.
I installed Clover with UniBeast and then replaced the EFI folder with the one you gave.
My specs are:
i7-5820K
Asus X99 Strix Motherboard
Asus Strix GTX 980ti
and
2GB WD Black (For hackintosh)

Please Guide Me.

Hi MadGear77! You try to create your High Sierra USB flash drive terminal command way.Open terminal and paste the fallowing command :sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app
where MyVolume is your USB Flash drive.Then install latest clover boot loader on it to create EFI on USB drive.Now you replace EFI folder of USB flash drive with EFI folder , provided by me. Start computer with the installer. Hope will work.
Good Luck.
Sorry for the late response , cause I was out of the country and away from the computer.

Hi friends !
For the BIOS setting :
and click Enter.

Good Luck.
Hey, I’m wondering if you’re still here on this thread. Anyway, I’ve gotten to the clover boot loader screen and put in the boot args, but when I try and install I get to a bunch of plusses. I haven’t yet replaced the EFI partition on the flash drive with yours. Could that be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back