Contribute
Register

[Success] First Build, Core i5-8400, GA Z370N WIFI, i630, Airport card

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it looks good, can you migrate the thread to the correct forum?

Image not showing in Post #1 :

Missing.png

Where did you want it moving to ?
User Builds or High Sierra Desktop Guides ?

The Album has been made public, you should now see images.
I think it belongs in User Builds.
Thank you.
upload your files here please

Hello. I have the same mobo and CPU as your build.

Audio doesn't work though (I didn't even realize that since I only use bluetooth speakers/ headsets most of the time).
Since everything else is fine (iMessage, iCloud, Handoff, bluetooth, wifi..). Do you think all the steps I need to do for audio to work may break it? I still think I can still live without audio ports, but it's nice to have everything working as a whole.

No, fixing audio will not break everything else.

The real problem is that MultiBeast adds files to the EFI, but never subtracts them.
Some of these audio drivers need to be applied in a specific order.
If you try the right drivers out of order, it will never work.
You will need to restore from an earlier EFI folder,
(or just repeat steps 4 and 5 from the Installation to reinstall the OS (and the EFI) from scratch).

Then follow
MultiBeast - Before You Install Audio: MultiBeast/desktop/Realtek.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...p-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/#post-1492288

I cursed these instructions and thought they were wrong.
Every time I looked closer, I found that I was wrong, I had misunderstood something.

I repeated steps 4 and 5 several times before I got audio working right.

If you have questions, ask. I will help if I can.

Hey, thanks for replying.
The real problem is that MultiBeast adds files to the EFI, but never subtracts them.
This actually a relief since I won't lose anything.

I was able to follow your instructions, and my audio ports work now. Just after a couple of restart :eek:.
Also at 6th step. I was also able to install this patch 200 / 300 Series /X299 Audio Device ID Patch. So I didn't use other.
I didn't understand why you copy the EFI to USB every single time, so didn't do that. But probably for backup right?

Problem though: My back ports work, the front ones do give me sound, but with breaking noises. What do you think can be the reason? Could it be I attached the front panel to my audio header the wrong way, of could be software problem?

If the back ones work, then audio is working. Congratulations.

It is possible you have not seated the front audio cable in the header correctly.
Also possible that the front audio jack itself is a bad component.
==========

Later addendum:
I take back what I said. My front audio also sounds like crap. Rear jack sounds fine, clear. Same speakers.
The cable is seated fine in the motherboard, so I now suspect the audio drivers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back