Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P9X79
CPU
Xeon E5 2670v1
Graphics
R9 280X / GTX 1050
2 month ago, I won a xeon 2670 all new on ebay for a really light price. So I decided to replace my old work station:
HackPro 3.1 Maverick
Gigabyte EP45-DS3R
C2Q 9400
4 Go DDR2 6400
Nvidia Gfx 8800GTX 512mo
SSD Samsung 840Pro 128Go + DD WD 1To

My new HackPro ElCapitan
Asus P9X79
Xeon E5 - 2670 ( 8 cores + hyper threading ) + Watercooling Lepa Aquachanger 120
16 Go DDR 3 ( 2x8Go dual channel at this moment )
MSI R9 280X Gaming

I read many pages on this forum, and spend several hours. And there is no many thread about this type of configuration. Sp it's my time to give my help. I'm pretty new in Hackintosh, and beginner. So if you any problem or un-sence, let me know ( and sorry for my english ).

Install process:

- First read the process before to start and download kexts and software and need.

- I had to make a fresh because I re-used my old SSD and my old kexts give some crash. I created my bootable USB stick with with Unibeast as in the installation guide on my old HackPro.
Step 2: Create a Bootable USB with UniBeast

- Plug your USB stick, keyboard and mouse on your motherboard like this:
mf6bnsskpvr6v10d_500-jpg.209316

If I don't do this I had an error [ pci configuration begin ] during install start. I have no idea why, but I loose many hours to find this. Set your bios like in the installation guide and disable your Asmedia USB3 chips ( still an error or reboot when USB3 is aneable).
Step 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
Boot on your USB Stick, and when you see the clover windows sue the argument dart=0 -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 (with Nvidia card I think you need to add something like nv_disable=1 ) before to choose Boot MacOS from USB Stick.

- At this time follow the installation guide:
Step 4: Install OS X El Capitan

- At the reboot of the ElCapitan installer choose to boot with your USB stick. At the clover screen use again the argument dart=0 -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 before to load your new ElCapitan install. Complete your El Capitan setup.
Run Multibeast and click on Quick Start. Choose UEFI Boot Mode. In driver choose audio Realtek 892 and Ethernet Intel ( take the last version ). Click in Customize to inject your mother board driver.
Choose your system definition. Take care, if you need choose MacPro 6,1 you need to run the script ADGPFix. This ensures that your GPU will not be effected by the MacPro6,1's AMD FirePro device policy that causes your GPU not to send a signal to your monitor at boot. This app is only useful if you are using the MacPro6,1 system definition.
( Script available at this address :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/424-agdpfix/ )
Then Reboot

- Try to boot directly on your Hard drive with the argument in clover ( dart=0 -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 ). You should arrive on your desktop. For an unknown reason Multibeast don't work perfectly ( I tried to add USB3 or npci=0x2000 but it does not work ). Open your EFI drive with Clover configuration and add to your bootload the arguments dart=0 -v npci=0x2000. Select SMBIOS and press the magic wand icon. Choose a System Definition from the list. Then choose a version of the system from the dropdown. This will auto-populate your config.plist with appropriate SMBIOS information including a unique serial number.
Quit Clover configuration and restart your computer.

- Un-plug your USB Stick and boot on your hard Drive. On the Desktop open KextsUtility and install the GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.11 kext to enable the USB3 ( drag and drop the kext on your KextsUtility window ) and quit the app when proposed.
Reboot.

- In your Bios, re-enable your Asmedia USB3. Save your bios and restart. Your USB3 should work.

At this time everything should work, except the audio. 2 solutions:
- google, and read and read and try to make it
- buy an external USB audio card. I choose this way. 20€, and nothing to do, it's work directly. ( and I add to do because my wife was not after many hours and days really happy ... and you know, I don't sleep with my computer )

For me, my config is great, and what changes. Everything go fast.

BUT I have a last question. In About this Mac my processor is shown as 2,66ghz Intel. I know it's just cosmetic but do you have an idea how to do to have 2,66Ghz 8core intel xeon E5 ?

------
Edit: I update my Bios after install with the latest, and nothing work at all no more installation from SSD or USB stick. I had to downgrade to my old BIOS 2002 ( and all work again at the first launch ).

Attachments

• mF6bNsSkPvr6V10D_500.jpg
    mF6bNsSkPvr6V10D_500.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4,032
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip
    115.3 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

Attachments

• VoodooHDA-2.8.8.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 150
Hi

I am very glad to read your post and I wonder if you can help me with the build I am trying to install El Capitan on: Asus X99-AII and Intel Xeon E5-2609 V4 1.7 GHz.

I prepared a USB stick with UniBeast 7.0.1 and I cannot get to the installer. When booting from usb I can see the white Apple logo for several seconds but then the computer reboots. I did lots of research on this site in order to get the right bios settings but I could not find any user's build with the exact same motherboard. I tried booting from usb with many different boot flags but the result is either a reboot or a white circle with a crossbar. Maybe I am not using the right ones.
I am wondering if I am wasting my time trying to get this build to work with Mac OS El Capitan or if I have any chance to succeed one day.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2 month ago, I won a xeon 2670 all new on ebay for a really light price. So I decided to replace my old work station:
HackPro 3.1 Maverick
Gigabyte EP45-DS3R
C2Q 9400
4 Go DDR2 6400
Nvidia Gfx 8800GTX 512mo

My new HackPro ElCapitan
Asus P9X79
Xeon E5 - 2670 ( 8 cores + hyper threading ) + Watercooling Lepa Aquachanger 120
16 Go DDR 3 ( 2x8Go dual channel at this moment )
MSI R9 280X Gaming

Did you try to boot with -v on association to your other boot flag? You may have informations during your boot with -v flag.

Good luck for your Hackinosh. If I have somethings to say, it's: read and read again on the forum to find the good mother board. Previously I had a Gigabyte one ( P45 for a Core2Quad ) and it's was easier than with my new one ( Asus P9X79 ). The most important is the motherboard for a hackintosh. Make the good choice... After, the SSD will be OK ( if you take a SATA one ).

Good luck for your Hackinosh. If I have somethings to say, it's: read and read again on the forum to find the good mother board. Previously I had a Gigabyte one ( P45 for a Core2Quad ) and it's was easier than with my new one ( Asus P9X79 ). The most important is the motherboard for a hackintosh. Make the good choice... After, the SSD will be OK ( if you take a SATA one ).

Thank you for message.
What model of Gigabyte(or another) can you recommend for Xeon E5-2670? Should i find Asus P9X79?

Thank you for message.
What model of Gigabyte(or another) can you recommend for Xeon E5-2670? Should i find Asus P9X79?

It's difficult to answer. Read on the forum about the Gigabyte motherboard if there is some model easy to do. P9X79 is perfect for me and work good ( take care there is no internal USB3 ). An information good to know: power management is difficult to do. At this time I have no turbo frequency and no low frequency. I will work on it when I will have time.

It's time to make some optimisation. I success to have a good CPU Power Management. I follow this thread step by step:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-x79-os-x-controlled-speedstep-cpu-power-management.127574/
( Note I put my turbo max at 3600Mhz I want to try to oc a bit - @ this time I success to start @ 106 bclk )

It's really strange, I've done the same thing with 2 install disk. On my first disk ( test disk HDD ) I had some differents scenari compare to my SSD ( system used disk ) - not the same low and high frequency during my tests. But with Geekbench I have the same score ( +/- 30 points ).

To conclude: It's pretty great. I win 2.000 points in Geekbench 4 ( 64 bits ), and more 2 minutes on a project with media encoder ( 11 minutes without power management and 8min30 with power management ).

Without Power Management
Capture d’écran 2016-10-16 à 21.10.43.png
With Power management
Capture d’écran 2016-10-16 à 21.31.48.png

I'm still thinking about the HDMI audio to plug my home cinema ( ampli Pioneer VSX-859RDS THX ) , but as I have 2 audio chips it's not really necessary...

-------
Edit: the Mac Pro definition is really important. The same config with power management OK but MacPro 3.1 definition and you loose 3000pts in Geekbench.

Last edited:
Xeon 2670 oc @ +106 Bclk = 2,76Ghz + 3,5Ghz on the 8cores. + 900points on Geekbench 4

Capture d’écran 2016-10-29 à 13.56.56.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back