Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: El Captain – Z170X Gaming 5 – i7 6700k - GTX 950

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAPHIC CARD ISSUES

I just build a hackintosh wit el capitan 10.11.6 same build as you Oisky with success or at least the mane things works right but got a ouple of issues i haven't really figuerd out yet.

I followed the installation guid here on Tonymac (thanks for the great guid) and did the multibeast driver installation and the clover configuration in the post installation guid. But it didn't solve my graphic card driver issues.

I installed the cud driver first and then I installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers and booted up with boot flag "nvda_drv=1", the graphic card worked like a charm.

In Clover Configurator i checked "nvda_drv=1" (under boot) and "fixShutdown" (under acpi), saved and quit. Restarted but the NVIDIA driver wouldn't boot up with the machine.

I'm not sure what i've done wrong? did i save the clover configurations wrong place? where should i save it? Any suggestions for what i can do?

Hey oisky, quick question.

You and I are running the same graphics card. Have you ever had this issue?

About 5-10 minutes after booting, absolutely no video/audio will work.

That includes facebook, youtube, etc. but even away from the web, i can't play videos in my system either. not through finder, quicktime, or itunes.
it wont get past the first frame. i can scrub through to other parts of said video, and it will show the frame ive gone to, but won't play

even music in itunes wont work...

All help appreciated!

Hey, did you fix the "no audio after wake up" problem?
I have the same setup and another problem I have is, tht the computer unmounts all external harddrives everytime it sleeps, switches between different USB slots that work and will always reboot instantly, so I can't shut it down properly.
If anybody has any ideas how to solve any of the problems, it will be greatly appreciated!!

My sound is working, but i have a "sound after sleep/wake" problem. I think its fixable but i didnt do it so far … sorry.

Could you give some detail on how you managed to get your sound working - even if it has an issue with sleep/wake?
I'm using the same motherboard and I'm trying to figure out how to get ANY sound out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back