Contribute
Register

[ SUCCESS!!! ] El Capitan on GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK / i7-4790k / 16GB RAM / GTX 970 / 10.11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you post your full bios setup, ( i am on F8) and all the setting?
I have updated the BIOS config image above in the first post, which isn't much different than before but UEFI only in boot option.

Load "optimized default" in advance, then go through those setups.

Thanks
I was apple to Update to 10.11.5 new one using your metohed

Mine as well with the new Nvidia web driver, everything works well as before(Still giving up the Killer E2200 ethernet cus it has been unstable for me before)

I also noticed one thing that you are not using the exact same motherboard as I do. What rev are you using? I have heard some Z97X-UD5H(non-BK) not working well with OS X.

I am using the Gigabyte Z97X UD5H Rev 1.0 ( old model and) and it is has some gold color, not like the BK all black.
I am also using the nNvdia Driver ( Nvidia GTX 690 X 2 ).
For Ethernet i have selected Intel>AppleintelE1000E V3.2.4.2

I also installed PCI ethernet TP link TG 3269 some recommend, since in older OS X worked out of the box
this word fine in Yosemite, but not in El Captain.
So i Used Kext Wizard and applied with one file, now it is working fine. in 10.11.5

my build is here that i upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.5
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/yosamite-10-10-5-i7-4790-z97x-ud5-gtx-690-tp-link.174761/

If you need to use the Ethernet Killer™ E2200 you need to find a Kext file called
Killer ALXEtherent V1.0.2 ( see attached from Multibeast of My old Yosemite 10.10.5)

I build my PC on Oct 2016, Running Great, not many people use this , only sound issue when you put into sleep mode ( i keep it on all time on)

Again i really appreciate your help ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 3.02.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 3.02.37 PM.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Intel>Killer ALXEtherent v1.0.2.png
    Intel>Killer ALXEtherent v1.0.2.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Z97X UD5H.png
    Z97X UD5H.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
i found two file in the old multibeast 7.5.0 Yosemite that match the ethernet card , not sure which one will work.

it is located in the Show package Content , then go the folder content, then Resoursce, it is all there..

Attachments

• ALXEthernet-v1.0.2.kext
    78.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
my question is how you are able to find the bios to configure for El Capitan

Are you asking how to access bios config page? or where to find bios to update?

If you are just unable to access the bios config, it might due to fast boot enabled. The easy way to do it is to remove the power source for a couple of seconds and boot again. The "hit DEL to setup bios" should work afterwards.

no , i was able to get 10.11.5 using your bios.
my Question is for you , where did find kind of setting to configure it be use for El Capitan ?
did you get from different source?
or did you tried multiple time and different combination of different setting?

It's a long story, my Hackintosh experiences with this motherboard wasn't well. I tried many different configs and there was always something not working.

Until one day I found a post here about the same board on Yosemite. As far as I remember, it likely has a GTX750ti instead. I can't find the link back but it helped a lot on the XHCI thing.

The rest are from common OS X build guide, and special things like VT-d(cause I need it) are from tens of experiments. Some like WakeOnLan and SATA hot-plug won't affect OS X from working properly. My biggest change to is Clover since UniBeast uses on recent versions and it works surprisingly well(not as Yosemite back then)

I do recommend to search on different forum about the similar or same motherboard(I won't give examples as I got banned last time). However, testing different config on your own hardware is necessary, you should save your whole day on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back