Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
These instructions are based on the 10.6 and 10.11 guides posted on this site. You should have read those a few times and have a good general understanding about the steps required before using this guide.

These are the essential components in my Dell OptiPlex 990:
- Intel Q67 Chipset
- Dell 06D7TR Motherboard
- Intel i5-2400 CPU
- Integrated Intel HD 2000 graphics
- Integrated Intel 82579LM ethernet
- Integrated Realtek ALC269Q audio
- 8GB Ram

1. Set BIOS to ACHI mode and disable CPU EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (this is only necessary for El Capitan install))
2. Boot with iBoot, switch to Snow Leopard Install DVD, boot using command GraphicsEnabler=No
3. Install Snow Leopard, reboot using iBoot (you NO longer need to use command GraphicsEnabler=No)
4. Install UpdateHelper, reboot using iBoot
5. Install 10.6.8 update, Install VoodooHDA2.8.8 Installer (you can skip this if you are going straight to El Capitan; use the installer instead of MultiBeast because it also installs the AppleHDADisabler.kext), Install MultiBeast (easyDSDT, System Utilities, Network - AppleIntelE1000e)
6. Reboot (without iBoot) with boot commands -v -s and remove AppleIntelSNB* by using these steps in the terminal prompt:
a. fsck –fy
b. mount –uw /
c. mkdir /backup
d. cd /System/Library/Extensions
e. mv AppleIntelSNB* /backup
f. rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
g. exit
7. Reboot normally. Snow Leopard should be running normally with audio and internet!
8. Create USB El Capitan installer using UniBeast (make sure time settings are correct)
9. Remove AppleIntelSNB* from the newly created USB (you can do this by following the steps you used before or simply open in Finder, navigate to folder and drag file to Trash (the actual file has a longer name))
10. Copy MulitBeast, VoodooHDA2.8.8 Installer, KextBeast, and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to USB to save time
11. Boot with USB, install El Capitan
12. Reboot with USB with -v -s, remove AppleIntelSNB* again
13. Reboot with USB, install MultiBeast (Legacy mode, Network - AppleIntelE1000e), install VoodooHDA2.8.8 Installer, install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with KextBeast (installing this allows you to enable CPU EIST)
14. Reboot normally. Enjoy El Capitan!

I have not successfully updated to 10.11.2 yet. I will update this post once I have.

Notes:
When you install VoodooHDA there will be a lot of static at first. This can be fixed by going to System Preferences > VoodooHDA Settings and changing the Input Gain to 0. However this only fixes the problem until you reboot. To fix this permanently: navigate to VoodooHDA.kext in Finder (System/Library/Extensions), right-click the kext and go to Show Package Contents. Find the info.plist file and open it. Find the iGain setting under MixerValues and change the value to 0 (the preset is 90).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back