CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
UHD630/GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
FINALLY! I managed to install El Capitan on this motherboard. I've struggled with it for 2 years, had issues with graphics, power supply, and ultimately the hard drive. I hope this report will help somebody with the same hardware.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Current set up includes:

Case: Fractal Design Arc

Motherboard: Asus P6T SE

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2,68GHz (Nehalem)

Memory: 3 x 2 GB OCZ 1066MHz DDR3 (6GB total)

HD/SSD: Samsung 850 SSD EVO 500GB

PSU: Fractal Design Edison M 650W

Graphics: MSI GT 740
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Install method:

I followed the general guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Created the the non-UEFI(Legacy) install USB -> set BIOS options -> booted install USB -> set boot options "-v nv_disable=1" -> installed El Capitan -> ran El Capitan post-install tools (installed Clover Legacy and Customac Essentials) -> rebooted with boot options "-v nv_disable=1" and updated OSX to the latest version (10.11.4) -> rebooted with same boot options and installed Nvidia WEB drivers -> ran Clover configurator and and created fake SMBIOS (MacPro3.1), added boot options "-v nvda_drv=1 darkwake=8 -> rebooted -> ran ALC110 patch -> rebooted -> and it was all done!

Everything else works now. Power management works flawlessly (shut down, restart, sleep). Graphics work now with both Native OSX and Nvidia WEB drivers. ALC 1200 audio works natively!! (Remember to mount EFI partition and run Toleda's ALC110 terminal command and it should guide you through everything, it will set the patch to ALC888 legacy, which will work for ALC1200 too, apparently). If you want TRIM to be enabled, open terminal and run "sudo trimforce enable", your computer will then reboot back to OSX.

There you have it! I hope this will help somebody with the same motherboard.

If somebody has the fix for USB3, please let me know.

hi, i have the same mobo....but my usb 3.0 is not recognized.....

P6T SE has no USB 3.0
Only 12 USB 2.0 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6 ports at back panel)

my hardware config is:
ASUS P6T Delux
Intel 920
16G DDR3 RAM

I check the mother board that do not have USB boot, Can I install the mac os?

Thanks

again: I can make a book disk on HDD from the other computer, and then put that HDD to install macos on my hardware.

can I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back