Contribute
Register

[Success] El Capitan Install - i7 4790K - AMD R9 390 - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this info, I was struggling for weeks with a Sapphire Radeon 7950 mac edition, black screen, wrong resolution etc, replaced it with the Sapphire R9 390 Nitro and it worked correctly first time out of the box with your settings, claims to recognise all 8GB VRAM.

Hello,

I have the same graphics card, but was only able to get the HDMI port working (I tried the Display Port to no luck, the DVI ports I haven't had a chance to test). Were you able to get the Display port working? I would love to be able to export 4k at 60 hz!

Thank you very much for the reply!

I was trying to install El Capitan on my Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with Intel i5 6600K (Skylake) and AMD R9 390 Graphics Card.
After I had disabled VT-d and CFG lock in the BIOS, the boot to OS X installer failed.

In verbose mode (-v) I got this text (see attachement).

Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 428
I had the same problem. In Clover Configurator make sure you've checked FixDisplay in the ACPI tab.

One strange issue I'm having is if I boot with multiple monitors then the screens go black. I have to boot with one monitor and then plug in the other monitors after boot and all works well.

I have the exact same issue with black screen on two monitors. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this yet?

I was trying to install El Capitan on my Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with Intel i5 6600K (Skylake) and AMD R9 390 Graphics Card.
After I had disabled VT-d and CFG lock in the BIOS, the boot to OS X installer failed.

In verbose mode (-v) I got this text (see attachement).

Can anyone help me?

Go into your Bios and load default first ...

Then disable:
- Vt-d
- Audio-Controller
- Onboard Lan-Controller
- Super IO Configuration - Serial Port 1 + Parallel Port

After that ... Put out the R9 graphics card and use the HD530 GPU to install El Capitan by using the config.plist I uploaded.

When OSX is installed and you installed Clover open the config.plist by using Clover Configurator ... Go to devices and write "0x67B01002" in the ATI-Box in the left Corner. Then go to Graphics and check Inject ATI and write "Radeon" in the FB Name - Box. After that shut down your PC put the R9 back in and start your PC. It should work now. :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 338
Go into your Bios and load default first ...

Then disable:
- Vt-d
- Audio-Controller
- Onboard Lan-Controller
- Super IO Configuration - Serial Port 1 + Parallel Port

After that ... Put out the R9 graphics card and use the HD530 GPU to install El Capitan by using the config.plist I uploaded.

When OSX is installed and you installed Clover open the config.plist by using Clover Configurator ... Go to devices and write "0x67B01002" in the ATI-Box in the left Corner. Then go to Graphics and check Inject ATI and write "Radeon" in the FB Name - Box. After that shut down your PC put the R9 back in and start your PC. It should work now. :)

THANK YOU THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED! Except will Ethernet work after installation? (I have Atheros E2400 not E2200)

Hi all,
After some trouble trying to install El Capitan on my PC, i've figured out how to get it fullyworking.

PC Components:

• Motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4.0GHz
  • GPU: AMD R9 390 8GB
  • RAM: Patriot Viper 8GB (2x4GB)

Hi, I have the very same configuration, except 32 Gb of RAM and a GTX 980.
I followed your guide but when I boot the USB drive I receive a "Unable to find a driver for this platform: ACPI" etc.
Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks

o to the Devices section and, in the ATI FakeID box (the first in the top-left corner) insert "0x67B01002" without quotes, then go to the Graphics section and check "Inject ATI", then in the same section, in the FB Name box, write "Radeon" without quotes.
Now in the menu bar, go to file > save, then close Clover Configurator.

Any idea how to get this working on macOS Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back