Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] El Capitan - GA-EP45-DS3R (BIOS F11e) + Q9400 + Radeon HD 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ermo,

thanks a lot for you instruction! Are you still on El Capitan or already on Sierra? I tried with Sierra but my 4850 is not working.

Thanks!

Actually, after some serious fiddling, I got my 4850 working with Sierra using the iMac 10,1 (late 2009) system definition.

I'll write up a guide once I know I can make things work from start to finish using a bog standard UniBeast 7.1.1 Sierra install. Said guide will be very similar to this thread as not much has changed in terms of Clover configuration.

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 12.53.21.png

Actually, after some serious fiddling, I got my 4850 working with Sierra using the iMac 10,1 (late 2009) system definition.

I'll write up a guide once I know I can make things work from start to finish using a bog standard UniBeast 7.1.1 Sierra install. Said guide will be very similar to this thread as not much has changed in terms of Clover configuration.

View attachment 259016
Just finished to do a clean install of Sierra on a GA EP 45 DS3R board, Core2Duo 8400 processor and a nVidia GT460 card. Used iMac 14.1. as sys def and the current UniBeast / MultiBeast / Clover configurator, worked out of the box as per standard guide!
Thanks to the tonymacx86 team and the great forum!

Hey hey,
I got me a cheap second hand GTX 280 (10€) that worked out of the box.
My machine has still a core2duo, but I'm thinking about a quad core. Do you think it's worth the effort? :crazy:
My dad is interested in getting a Mac>Hack so I was think of giving him that machine. So he could get a feeling for Mac.
I'm still running Sierra which works really well.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back