Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming5 EU
CPU
Graphics
GTX980
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
One of the most painless I've had...aver.

Lost more time faffing about trying to find out how to include boot arguments in clover than running the update.

1. Get El Capitan from the Store
2. Make bootable stick with UniBeast
3. Downloadthe El Capitan post installation Tools, CloverConfigurator and CloverALC110 script here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...supported-intel-based-pc.html#post_installand put them somewhere where you can get at them after installation, and grab a copy of the new nVidia drivers for the 980
4. Boot with USB stick in place, Press F12, choose boot from stick with UEFI, choose English, Install OSX
5. Boot again with the nv_disable=1 argument, and install the new nVdrivers.
6. Here I rebooted again, and this time used NO extra boot arguments.
7. Run the post installation tools, Clover configurator and sound utiil, and reboot
8. You're done.

Works quite well. Good luck.

Incidentally, if you're using Paragon NTFS you'll need to update to V14

Hi, Peter R.

I have the same config. I use audio_cloverALC-110 script. Everything is ok, but audio sometimes don't work. After I switch output device in preferences, audio is work again. But later sound is turned off again. How to fix it? Give me some advice please.

Are your USB 3 ports working?

One of the most painless I've had...aver.

Lost more time faffing about trying to find out how to include boot arguments in clover than running the update.

1. Get El Capitan from the Store
2. Make bootable stick with UniBeast
3. Downloadthe El Capitan post installation Tools, CloverConfigurator and CloverALC110 script here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...supported-intel-based-pc.html#post_installand put them somewhere where you can get at them after installation, and grab a copy of the new nVidia drivers for the 980
4. Boot with USB stick in place, Press F12, choose boot from stick with UEFI, choose English, Install OSX
5. Boot again with the nv_disable=1 argument, and install the new nVdrivers.
6. Here I rebooted again, and this time used NO extra boot arguments.
7. Run the post installation tools, Clover configurator and sound utiil, and reboot
8. You're done.

Works quite well. Good luck.

Incidentally, if you're using Paragon NTFS you'll need to update to V14
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the same motherboard and CPU. Z87X-UD5H and i7 4770K. I am using a different video[ the intel one on the MB]. I have installed El Capitan and can boot using the USB. I cannot boot w/o the USB, even when I try nv_disable=1.

I am using the motherboard's internal graphics. I hoped it would provide an easier install. I have removed my msi r 7570 video until I get El Capitan stable booting w/o using the USB. Very limited look at El Capitan booted by USB looks OK except for Audio.

The config.plist file has an entry for the "1-10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek.ALC...command file that I executed during post install. No string is given for that key however. The audio /sounds section of system preferences confirm the lack of audio-no inputs or outputs are populated there.

If I understand the initial thread post by PETER R. He was able to boot without the USB just by using nv_disable=1. Is that correct?

For his step where he installed NVdrivers,
what should I install when I am using motherboard's graphics not nvidia.

Can anyone suggest what I might do to be able to boot without the usb in my case where nv_disable=1 did not fix the boot?

I have booted in verbose mode but the information from the verbose boot isn't helpful I think. The frequently captured Bluetooth error shows but according to most folks' forum postings, that does not mean the Bluetooth issue is preventing the non-USB boot. Most posts suggest verbose boot captures posted on the forum[that look like mine] are a graphics problem. The verbose capture doesn't show any graphics fails as I understand it. I will post a photo of the end of verbose display in a few hours. I wanted to make this post now in hopes that someone will have suggestions for a fix for my problems.

I have looked at the efi/clover/config.plist files on the SSD where I installed El Capitan and on the Unibeast USB. Graphics section included Intel=true.

I had a similar problem.
This is what worked for me:
Mount the EFI partition. Go to EFI->CLOVER->kexts and delete all folders except "Other". Then, copy FakeSMC.kext into the "Other" folder.
For bootflags I use dart=0 and kext-dev-mode=1

Hope this helps!

Hi All,

I followed the suggested process. My install was clean and I am not using a video card as the onboard is enough for me. I used the suggested audio fix and that worked just fine. Sleep seemed to work fine but i only tested it a couple of times and have not let the system run for very long as none of my usb 3 ports are working and that is an issue for me . I have trawled and it seems to me that there is no fix for this at present so i have reverted to my original Mavericks install.

If anybody does have an ideas for the usb 3 i would very much appreciate the help.

Any chances of anyone who has been successful with instalation of El-Cap can share the config.plist file for the Mobo GA-Z87X-UD5H as I am getting Kernel Panics and I am pretty sure my Config.plist file is ruining the start up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back