Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] El Capitan 10.11 Clover | GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 | AMD 6870 | 2600K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for posting this link.

I recently updated my stable rig to Clover + Yosemite and all things went to hell! 20+ entries in BIOS for boot order (minus SATA for my SSD boot drive), every time the system reboots, it got stuck and I had to go into options to add -f kext-dev-mode etc. This means, my family could not use the rig.:banghead:

Finally, updated the bios and followed your recommendations. For now the rig boots right up. :clap:

Can you elaborate on the following:
Put one of each kext into into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
I replaced the EFI config.plst but cant get it to boot... I used the config file (Found on another TM86 Guide) as the one provided by your guide is no longer available.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 282
Sleep works fine on mine. I have the UEFI update the board. I have an AMD 6670 and run off of the DVI port. The thing with mine though is I have no video until the login screen comes up so it looks like it isn't working until then. To be able to see the board logo screen or the clover screen I have to switch to HDMI on the board. If I just run off of HDMI on the board video works fine until the apple logo would come up then it cuts out. For the most part i just stay plugged into my 6670 and wait thought since I don't have to access the board or clover screen unless something is wrong.

My main issue is I can't get Wake On Lan, WOL, to work. If I wake it within about 5 minutes of the system going to sleep then it will wake up, but it is like my ethernet port stops working after a while. I am still able to wake with the mouse and keyboard after that. I haven't been able to wake on lan since 10.10.4 if anyone has any suggestions on that.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cinema-display-and-gigabyte-z68-uefi-bios.66625/

Had same issue, try moving your display to primary port (if it isn't) and if your monitor supports the ability to not auto switch to a given input, that might help...

Your display can't handshake at boot with the video card/ UEFI bios. My problem was an auto switching display that was using dual inputs and always defaulted to the HDMI input, therefore providing no handshake at boot for the video card.

I'm resurrecting this thread for a graphics issue. The thrad author has the same mobo and graphics card I do.

I had to set my display init first to onboard in award bios f10 in order for my graphics card to initialize properly.

Otherwise I had to unplug my monitors and wait til after post before plugging them back in or else I get really low res clover screen and comp boots to a white flashing block in the upper corner of my screen.

So now I have a "phantom" third monitor in my display option under settings, but it boots and runs stable thus far.

Anyone have any idea about another fix for this so I can set bios display init first back to PCI?

Thanks!

I'm resurrecting this thread for a graphics issue. The thrad author has the same mobo and graphics card I do.

I had to set my display init first to onboard in award bios f10 in order for my graphics card to initialize properly.

Otherwise I had to unplug my monitors and wait til after post before plugging them back in or else I get really low res clover screen and comp boots to a white flashing block in the upper corner of my screen.

So now I have a "phantom" third monitor in my display option under settings, but it boots and runs stable thus far.

Anyone have any idea about another fix for this so I can set bios display init first back to PCI?

Thanks!
Try verifying the initial port (sometimes labled on the actual pci metal plate above each video port). and make sure you're only using one port on a given monitor's inputs. The monitors have a hard time staying connected to a port when it's not on, so they tend to fail back to the signal that is present. I had mine connected to a security system, causing it to always fail-over to that signal, leaving the video card without a monitor for it to initialze to. This resulted in my secondary monitor appearing to freeze or be loading to a blank blue screen, causing me to think something was wrong, when the bios could have loaded just fine, had the primary monitor not been plugged into the security system.

Also post your log files from the FAQ so someone smarter than us can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back