Contribute
Register

[Success] E-Blue Mini Nova EBA015bk Bluetooth 4.0+EDR Adapter & 10.9.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Extreme, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 4 x WD 3TB HDs
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K (Quad Core; Haswell)
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce 3 GTX 780 3GB (Not Overclocked)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Bluetooth dead

Just wanted to let everyone know that the E-Blue Mini Nova EBA015bk Bluetooth 4.0+EDR USB Adapter works under 10.9.4. :headbang:

This one is not on the buyers guide list but it works well and is only HKD $70 :lol:

[Sudden UN-Success] E-Blue Mini Nova EBA015bk Bluetooth 4.0+EDR Adapter & 10.9.4

When I installed the adapter, everything worked great. I added my trackpad and used it for hours without any issues.

Today, bluetooth completely stopped working for some reason and when I open the bluetooth control panel I see "CSR8510 A10" instead of the name of the computer. My trackpad no longer shows up in the device list and the beach ball spins until I close the bluetooth control panel.

in DMESG, I also now see:

[IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xe000
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x6540 -- 0x8800 -- 0xe000 ****
**** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][setPowerStateWL] -- PerformPowerStateChange() failed: 0xE00002BC (kIOReturnError) -- powerStateOrdinal = OFF, mCurrentInternalPowerState = ON -> mPendingInternalPowerState = OFF -- 0xe000 ****

I tried swapping in another one since I have two but no luck. Both adapters work in my other rig running Windows 7 and it was running fine on this rig. :banghead:

I tried this as well with the CSR kext even though it was originally posted by someone under 10.8.5 but no luck: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/108872-10-8-5-bluetooth-not-working.html

Any ideas or suggestions?

I did get it working again by deleting

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

AND

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

...then rebooting and re-pairing my Apple Track Pad.

Unfortunately, sometimes this adapter stops working after a reboot which is annoying and I have to repeat the process. Also, you can crash the adapter by click the Turn Bluetooth Off button which is not cool. When it works, the adapter seems to work well with the track pad but I don't have time for flakey gear. :thumbdown:

I've pulled it from my system and will look for a Broadcom based adapter. :geek:

After an epic amount of hunting around, I was finally able to find an IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 (Broadcom based) adapter locally as listed in the buyers guide. It works well and continues to work :headbang:

Bluetooh Chipsets & 10.9.4: Broadcom based :thumbup: Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) based :thumbdown:

CSR based bluetooth adapters, such as the E-Blue Mini Nova, are often sold and advertised as OS X compatible but after testing, they are flakey at best and not worth it even if on sale for only a few HKD. :geek:

Wish I could change the title of this thread :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back